Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Your Relationships
  5. will my vagina ever be the same ??

will my vagina ever be the same ?? Lock Rss

hi ladies!
i'm 32 weeks , and am scared that after the birth my vagina will never be the same again?? does it go back to normal? will sex ever be the same ? how long does it take?
Hi.. Yes, your vagina will be fine! And sex for me is the same (sometimes better!) except my scar from my episiotomy (sp?) does get a lil sore sometimes if it's 'pulled on' (if that makes sense) but otherwise it's fine. My bub is 7 and a half months old.

Yep it will be the same!!! Sex is the same here as well. And i agree sometimes better!!!
I had an episiotomy(sp?) with my first and tore slightly with my second and all is still good!!!
And we are even going to have a third!!!!
Dont stress to much Hun!! Trust your body. 99% of the time everything goes back to normal!!!

Posted by: nicki00
Yep it will be the same!!! Sex is the same here as well. And i agree sometimes better!!!
I had an episiotomy(sp?) with my first and tore slightly with my second and all is still good!!!

Ditto to that!!!

If your really worried about it just do lots of pelvic floor exercises!!!

Yes, it definitly goes back to normal. If you give birth vaginally be prepared for the original shock though, it will feel like you don't even have one left lol. The hospital should give you a handout regarding how soon you can start doing your pelvic floor exercises smile

The first few days after a VB is horrible, everything is bruised and open. I felt like I just had a giant gaping hole between my legs with a brick sitting in it. But after 3 days everything went back to normal and it all shrunk back to size

i agree with everyone else. sex went back to the same as before.
i wouldn't say it is better but its certainly no worse.

And yes, be warned that the first few days after giving birth you will feel like someone kicked you in between the legs with steel capped boots on!
You will be sore, walk funny and have trouble wiping - my advice is to take some soft toilet paper with you to hospital!

but it does all return to normal!
Yep it's all normal here too - and after two VB's ...

Posted by: charliebrown599
hi ladies!
i'm 32 weeks , and am scared that after the birth my vagina will never be the same again?? does it go back to normal? will sex ever be the same ? how long does it take?

I can remember thinking the same when i was pregnant! Thinking to myself oh what's going to happen to my body!!

But it all worked ok and yeah you are going to change but it's a change you will love and never want anything to be different!!

Good luck and enjoy the way your body is know!! And if i may give you some advice once you have had the bubs and everything has calm down for a few weeks or so...

Take a few minutes and stand in front of your body and admire yourself!! And get to know your knew body and love it as it has done a amazing thing!!! Giving life!!

Dont worry either about DP he is going to love you knew body too!!

Sarah

xxx
For me my vagina is the same and sex is the same!!!
hi i gave birth 8 weeks ago n i started 2 have sex 13 days later(i had stoped bleed)n my panter said that it feels better now then it did b4 n i have 2 say it dose lol i dont now how long it take 2 get bake 2 normal so soz cant help u ther
good luck with it all
DH and I didn't have sex until DD was 4 months old because I was so worried it would be different!

After all that time, when we finally did the deed..... it hurt! It had been so long that everything was so damn tight, and I got the shock of my life that it wasn't all loose!

hahaha!

nothing to worry about! I didn't tear or have a cut either, just in case you wanted to know various senarios!

Sign in to follow this topic