Huggies Forum

Compicated Family Lock Rss

Hi I have a 2 year old son and my partner has a 2 year old daughter then we have a 3 month old son together. It makes it stressfull every weekend when we have to deal with our exs . I find it extremly hard when my son doesnt go to his dads because our car doesnt fit 3 car seats so my partner has to go pick his daughter up on his own .I wouldnt mind but when we were first going out his ex was still in love with him and when i found out i was pregnent with our son i also found out he had been cheating on me with her . Can anyone give me any advice ? I can't pick his daughter up as her mother will only give her to him.
Hi,

sounds like a tricky situation.
You guys could always look into buying a bigger car so everyone can fit. Or maybe get the ex's to pop around to your place some weekends to pick the kids up instead of you two doing all the leg work. I know they may not want to do that but it may ease the pressure.

Good Luck
smile J
Hi there,

I know exactly how you are feeling! Although in my situation I dont have any children myself (well not back then) But when my DH got together his ex decided that she wanted him back (after leaving and saying she doesn't love him and never will) She tried EVERYTHING to get him back. Even sneaking in and trying to jump in his bed when DSD was 1 and a half and sleeping in his room. (he lived with his cousin and his ex and cousin were friends) In the very early days she said that he couldn't have his DD if I was there, and only aloud me to be there one day a month. Plus because she lived so far away he used to spend the weekend at his parents, and meant I couldn't even pop in.

So basically all I can suggest after going through it for the past 6 years is that you really need to have trust. I didn't trust DH at the start and it make it so difficult. Especially when he stayed over at her house for DSD's birthday the first year! If you really have an issue them seeing eachother without you (and trust me I know its tough) then maybe getting a bigger car is your best option. That way you can easily do things without worrying about fitting in. Or your just going to have to accept the situation and hope that your partner would never cheat with her again. I dont envy your position at all! And I really hope it improves! How long have you been together?

Good luck!
Hi sorry taken solong to replie i am still trying to work out this site . We will have been together 2 years in november . His ex is still as nuttty as ever and it has brought us so close to braking point many times . I just start trusting him again when she will throw the cheating in my face as she knows it's the only way she can hurt me. The last situation was i had to pick his daughter up it was a once off i didnt want to do it but had no choice . To make a long story short his ex and some guy abused me for about 20 mins till i finaly laft with out his daughter . During that 20mins she tried telling me that my parter was still messageing her sexual stuff while i was not around and that i abuse her daughter . I went home and burst into tears my partner was fuming . We are both just over everything she has done to us now he has a lawyer and is looking at getting his daughter more . There is alot more to this but i wont bother you with it i just thought i would give you an up date of how things are going .
Posted by: nellybear
Hi there,

I know exactly how you are feeling! Although in my situation I dont have any children myself (well not back then) But when my DH got together his ex decided that she wanted him back (after leaving and saying she doesn't love him and never will) She tried EVERYTHING to get him back. Even sneaking in and trying to jump in his bed when DSD was 1 and a half and sleeping in his room. (he lived with his cousin and his ex and cousin were friends) In the very early days she said that he couldn't have his DD if I was there, and only aloud me to be there one day a month. Plus because she lived so far away he used to spend the weekend at his parents, and meant I couldn't even pop in.

So basically all I can suggest after going through it for the past 6 years is that you really need to have trust. I didn't trust DH at the start and it make it so difficult. Especially when he stayed over at her house for DSD's birthday the first year! If you really have an issue them seeing eachother without you (and trust me I know its tough) then maybe getting a bigger car is your best option. That way you can easily do things without worrying about fitting in. Or your just going to have to accept the situation and hope that your partner would never cheat with her again. I dont envy your position at all! And I really hope it improves! How long have you been together?

Good luck!
Hiya,

Just thought I would give you some moral support - I too have a partner with a nutty ex. I won't bore you with all the details and to cut a long story short we are now seeking legal advice. Blended families are really hard - we have come up against so many issues and have been under huge amounts of stress. So give yourself a pat on the back you are doing really well to have got this far with your family - keep it up. There is heaps of information on the net about some of the issues a blended family has to deal with. I found some it helpful perhaps you guys could work through it together. Good luck gasp)

Sign in to follow this topic