Huggies Forum

would this piss you off? Lock Rss

ok, long story short. MIL has never liked me for some reason. she is an alchoholic, a pill popper, a liar and a sorry excuse for a mother/human being.

after 12 long years of her bullsh!t last year i cut them (the inlaw FIL is no better)off.

now come december it was my sons birthday and they sent him a presant by courier. when i opened the package i found one big presant and about 4 small presants. the thing is that the wrapping looked like it had been opened and put back together where the sticky tape was and other were just ripped open. i thought it was strange i showed my dh, he made excuses for them, i said she was proberly drunk.

now a few days ago i received 2 packages and it was from them. i opened them up and and once again the presants were ripped open, this time worse. it looked like they had been poked and ripped open 3/4 time. the envelpoes were not sealed, just opened.

i just imagine her doing in spite and anger to get a reaction from us. i so badly want to rig her and tell her were to shove her presant but don't want to give her the satisfaction. she will deny it of course.

am i over reacting? would it piss you off?

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

the packages were sealed and had not been tampered with and we have received presants from her before that were normally wrapped.

That's pretty dam petty and pathetic to go out of your way to mangle things and send them blink
She sounds like a spiteful old woman with nothin better to do don't let her get the best of you though she peob did it to get a bite outta you don't waist your time or breathe on some one soo pathetic

ok, long story short. MIL has never liked me for some reason. she is an alchoholic, a pill popper, a liar and a sorry excuse for a mother/human being.

after 12 long years of her bullsh!t last year i cut them (the inlaw FIL is no better)off.

now come december it was my sons birthday and they sent him a presant by courier. when i opened the package i found one big presant and about 4 small presants. the thing is that the wrapping looked like it had been opened and put back together where the sticky tape was and other were just ripped open. i thought it was strange i showed my dh, he made excuses for them, i said she was proberly drunk.

now a few days ago i received 2 packages and it was from them. i opened them up and and once again the presants were ripped open, this time worse. it looked like they had been poked and ripped open 3/4 time. the envelpoes were not sealed, just opened.

i just imagine her doing in spite and anger to get a reaction from us. i so badly want to rig her and tell her were to shove her presant but don't want to give her the satisfaction. she will deny it of course.

am i over reacting? would it piss you off?

I do think its strange... but if she's an alcoholic and pops pills... there's a fair chance she was off her trolly when she "wrapped" the presents. I dont think it would have been done to annoy you, I mean why bother getting presents and sending them by courier.

I'd re-wrap them and give them to your DS and forget about it.

Oh and there's always the possibilty that someone at the courier company or Aust post did open them and then reseal the package. We've received parcels from overseas that were opened and repacked again. There are unfortunately dodgy types who go through peoples packages to see if there's anything they'd like, maybe after discovering it was for a little kid they attempted to rewrap.

Merry Christmas smile dont let the freaks get you down grin

I do think its strange... but if she's an alcoholic and pops pills... there's a fair chance she was off her trolly when she "wrapped" the presents. I dont think it would have been done to annoy you, I mean why bother getting presents and sending them by courier.

I'd re-wrap them and give them to your DS and forget about it.

Oh and there's always the possibilty that someone at the courier company or Aust post did open them and then reseal the package. We've received parcels from overseas that were opened and repacked again. There are unfortunately dodgy types who go through peoples packages to see if there's anything they'd like, maybe after discovering it was for a little kid they attempted to rewrap.

Merry Christmas smile dont let the freaks get you down grin

it's possible she was "under the influence" but she has been like this for a long time and most of the time she know exactly what she is doing.

it did cross my mind that they did it at the post office but it wasn't going overseas or through customs. it was just the local post office going to another local suburb, the reason she couriers them is because we have nothing to do with them and don't see them.

aaahhhh she annoys me. anyway, i'll get over it.

Don't let it get to you. If she's and alcoholic or pill popper as you say, then she was probably wasted while wrapping them. Why don't you just re-wrap them and make the presents look nice again smile
On the positive, at least she's still giving your kids gifts!

Don't let it get to you. If she's and alcoholic or pill popper as you say, then she was probably wasted while wrapping them. Why don't you just re-wrap them and make the presents look nice again smile
On the positive, at least she's still giving your kids gifts!

That's what I was thinking at least she thought of them my mil is such a fn b!tch bag my kids won't see jack crap outta the nasty troll.
Just forget it Hun not worth starting more drama over in her mind she prob thought she did a wonderful job lol
If she's made the effort to purchase and courier gifts for your sons birthday then i really don't think she unwrapped and rewrapped them to specifically p!ss you off. Who knows what goes through the mind of an alcoholic? More than likely she's forgotten what was in there, unwrapped to check and rewrapped them badly.

She may not like you and you may not like her but in the end its the thought that counts and she was obviously thinking of her grandson. So either give the gifts to your son as is or wrap them properly either way no harm no foul. Oh, and don't forget to call and thank her, show that you're the better person. wink

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

Just re wrap the presents don't let her upset you by this.

It better not to let her get to you because you are a better person.

If she's made the effort to purchase and courier gifts for your sons birthday then i really don't think she unwrapped and rewrapped them to specifically p!ss you off. Who knows what goes through the mind of an alcoholic? More than likely she's forgotten what was in there, unwrapped to check and rewrapped them badly.

She may not like you and you may not like her but in the end its the thought that counts and she was obviously thinking of her grandson. So either give the gifts to your son as is or wrap them properly either way no harm no foul. Oh, and don't forget to call and thank her, show that you're the better person. wink

you obviously don't know what she is capable of, there is 12 years of history that you are unaware of, so i don't know how you can say that she didn't do it to piss me of?

there was no "thought" behind these gifts, it is a form of manipulation. specifically so me or dh can ring and ask why the wrapping was ripped, which she will deny doing and them imediately ring every relative and cry and say that we swore to her and hold her off. she has done this many times before and i have played right into it but not this time.

to me it takes more that sending gifts (with mangled wrapping) to show that they are grandparents. you have to earn that right. they hardly ever made an effort to spend time with their grandkids and hardly ever called and when they did they didn't even ask about them.

she has 2 sons and they both have nothing to do with her and actually dispise her for how she raised them and what she did to them.

soooo nah, i won't be calling to thank them.

oh, and i don't need to show that i'm a better person than her just by not having them in my life makes me a better person wink

i know this might seem petty to some but after years and years of character assasiation, lies, betrayal, spitfulness and nastiness i've had enough. i was always the one to keep the peace, to turn the other cheek and to forgive and forget but i feel these people are like poison, toxic and even when i have nothing to do with them they still try to find a way to get to me, it frustrating.

Just re wrap the presents don't let her upset you by this.

It better not to let her get to you because you are a better person.

thank you

I had a similar thing happen with a family member and i ended up cutting them out all together. They would do things just so i would have to talk to them but then suck up and tell me how much they love us and blah blah. They would then run back and tell everyone how much of a b#@$h i am and how spoilt my son is.
Some people thinks it's petty and that they deserve to be in my sons life but i think my son deserves better. I will not allow them to have any sort of influence or input into my sons upbringing and none of us need the bull that comes along with them.
Anyways, yes i would be p'd off and you don't need to prove nothing to noone! smile Merry Christmas!!
Sign in to follow this topic