Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

daddy wont listen..... Lock Rss

i think i have a problem.....
after DS was born, DH and i were having an argument, and in the heat of the moment, i told him he could do whatever he wanted (including smoke weed)... but on condition that it was only a 'once in a while' thing. i was VERY clear that i didnt want him smoking anywhere daniel, and that it wasnt to be every day, rather every week or two.

well, that went out the door, and now there's not a day that he doesnt smoke. it makes me so angry because we dont have the money to waste, but he buys it anyway. and he smokes EVERY day, without fail.

ive spoken to him, and told him he's abusing what i said, but he wont listen. his response is always 'if thats what you think'. i ask him why he has to smoke every day, and his excuse is 'it takes the pain away' (he has a very physical job)

i dont know how to get him to cut down. ive tried the guilt trip, tried telling him i hate what hes doing, tried compromising... nothing seems to make him stop.

i resent the fact that he smokes cigarettes and weed and he drinks, and i've got no 'outlet' as such. every bit of spare money that we get i put away for a 'rainy day' so i never have any money for things that i want, but he does.

am i being unfair in wanting him to cut down (or even stop)? and how can i get him to see my point of view???

Tania. WA, Daniel - 26/01/06... smile

I know how you feel from experience. And i think they only going to stop when they want to i found the more i nagged my partner the more he did and it just went from bad to worse. But now he has stopped. I don't think you are being unfair at all. If you want to chat my msn is [email protected]
or my e-mail is [email protected] Look forward to hearing from you.
Kris
my DP the same, he said i wont do it around andrew but when he comes inside from doing it, he stinks and then breaths all over andrew. I have asked him not to and he says he wont do it anymore then half hour later hes doing it again. its causing a lot of problems and $$$$.

Kel and Andrew

I dobbed in my brothers dealer when he was really into weed. I rang crimestoppers and apparantly they investigated it. It might make the supply a little harder to get, and it may give him a fright that he could be caught at the wrong place with the weed on him!
Dunno it's just an idea.

Danielle

Sign in to follow this topic