Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

How to be happy Lock Rss

Can somebody please tell me how to regain the happiness in my life, I have forgotten what the word means........ I could really do with some help ladies...... please!!!!!
if your not happy with yourself you cant make your life happier or better........ you have to be happy in yourself to make your life better and happier........ i think you have to spend some time to think what you want in life and what will make you happy follow your heart
snap Lyndal.

I've been told meditation will make you happier/ more content; sometimes yes, sometimes no, but i'm told to just keep at it.

I've been told beading is a good idea, and it is a little piece of artistic expression for me- the challenge, though, is finding a cheaper way of doing it.

I've been told reading books, but these days, i tend to haunt geeky websites and find interesting stuff to read about.

Sam
hope this helps...

[Edited on 16/07/2007]
Hello

I'd start out small, make a list of all the things in your life that you are grateful for and that make you happy, when I get down I start thinking about all the good things in my life and it turns my mood around. I think the power of positive thinking counts for a lot.

Alot of the time we can get caught up in whats wrong and what we dont have instead of thinking whats right and what we do have.

I hope this helps you a little.
Hi there Lyndal,

What are your dreams for your future...do you have any?

What would you like to achieve? What are your interests?

Rather than find things that you want to make you happy have you thought of 'just being' in the moment? Taking a walk, stopping to smell the roses, getting back to nature, take a blanket outside and lay on it - look up to the sky (sounds a bit dorky and will only benefit you in good weather!) Try aromatherapy - a small bottle of lavender oil (rub a drop on your temples and across your forehead).

Do you have conflict in your life? If you do, have you tried to resolve it. Unresolved conflict is detrimental to our health both physically and mentally, over time.

these are just some small suggestions - hope I've been helpful.
Nat

well mite sound pretty random but i turn up the sterio n dance like a egg

first baby

i have no happiness either. too much crappiness!!!
cant figure out how to get out o the hole either

I have 3 boys!!!

Think about the beautiful things that you have in your life like your children and remind your self how lucky you are to have them.

Achieve something for your self, accomplish a goal no matter how small it may seem, it gives you a great seld esteem boost.

Have a long hot bath with a good book and galls of wine, with candles lit around you and remember the beautiful woman that you are.

Excersise, go for a walk every day. to the beach or just fown to the local shops. The fresh air and excersise gives you more energy and ability to think.

These are only small steps but when the small things are contributed to the big problems, things seem that little bit easier. Hope i've helped.
Think about the beautiful things that you have in your life like your children and remind your self how lucky you are to have them.

Achieve something for your self, accomplish a goal no matter how small it may seem, it gives you a great self esteem boost.

Have a long hot bath with a good book and glass of wine, with candles lit around you and remember the beautiful woman that you are.

Excersise, go for a walk every day. to the beach or just fown to the local shops. The fresh air and excersise gives you more energy and ability to think.

These are only small steps but when the small things are contributed to the big problems, things seem that little bit easier. Hope i've helped.
Learn to say "yes" to yourself and "no" to everyone else for a change!

I know how you feel! I'm in a rut too over my useless and abusive partner that I don't want to leave and be left on my own with a new baby and a toddler. I've made my bed so since I'm unhappy I'm trying to balance it with other happy things. I have a big argument but then go and do something fun! Its not really working (doesn't take a genius to work that one out) but what else can I do?
[Edited on 18/07/2007]

Roxanne 19mth, Culain 2mth

I also know how you feel. I feel like i'm going through a transition, but don't know what, how, etc. I feel like I've lost the road map.

I try to think positive and I usually do, but of late the positives are on the smaller side. I just can't seem to wake up on the right side of the bed.

I know it will get better, just have no idea when.

two boys 9yrs and 2yrs

Sign in to follow this topic