Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

abit hurt. Lock Rss

About two weeks ago I got some professional photos done of my daughter who is 22 months old but we havent had any done since she was about 2 months old so I thought why not cause she is only little for while and I just went and saw them and the photos a beautiful and I couldnt choice which ones to get so I got all of them as a package. Plus we got two keyrings photos as well so I told her dad and show them and told him how much and than " he went on saying that its lots of money and we cant afford it and I should talk to him first"

When he was finish talking I felt I like crap cause he made me feel like I had done something wrong and I dont think its a waste of money cause its about our daughter but thing is that my partner isnt paying for them cause my mum and I are paying for half of it.

But after all of that than he finally said that they a beautiful and well done and the thing is why couldnt just said that instead making me feel awful.

The whole package cost $515.00 and I thought that was very good price.

I was just wondering if anyone else partner that as well?

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

H Tracey,
We get our photos done every 6 months and for a package like you puchased we get 3 keyrings, and 5 poses each pose has about 12 photos and we pay $120-$150.

How many poses did they take and what company was it?
My husband is contantly concerned how much everything costs. And makes me feel like shit for spending 5cents. We don't have any financial worrries or anything so its not like we can't pay rent. He is just 'THE WORLDS BIGGEST TIGHTASS'. It's the joke of our friends and both our families how tight he is.
We had photos done and ordered them and when we went to pick them up she said 'that'll be (whatever it was ) and he stared down at his wallet, while the lady was waiting, and waiting...so I said 'Honey the price isn't going to change! Hand the money over'.
He was so pissed with me, for ages.
It makes me LOL!!!!
You sound like you got a great deal. Who was it??

I got the photos done with "Little Masterpiece Studio and the price was first at $1,200 for the whole photos but for some reason I got it for $515.00 and I was happy with that.

When she was younger I got the photos taken by pixie photos and they only cost us $300.00 and my partner still whinge about them but he didnt pay for them so I dont know why he was whinging for.

My partner earns a pretty good wage anyway so I dont why he thinks we cant afford but if it was thing to do with fishing than he could spend $500.00 on it and I dont say anything about.

For that price you could get a really good digi camera and take hundreds of pics yourself? That is what we did, the more you take, the better you get!!
With my first baby I also purchased the whole package, It was around $280 -BUT sounds like you were ripped off-Sorry! They probably used $40 worth of good quality printing paper, You can take awesome piks yourself, sepia B&W, Use some nice back drops, If I can do it so can you.

Don't feel guilty about buying the photo's of your daughter, she is only young once and you want to keep that memory.It's always good to look back at them photo's when your daughter is grown up. I think it's worth every cent and my husband always encourages me to buy the whole package. Also there are normally payment plans for the photos so you dont feel like it's costing you too much.
Personally I think Pixie and other photo places charge an arm and leg and I would of been upset too if my husband spent that kind of money and I am not a tight ass I am realistic and I would rather put that kind of money into the bank for bubby when he gets older. I had some taken and I thought considering the price and supposed professional photographers that they were nothing special and it would of cost me $500+ as well if I had of bought them - we only got the free one from the voucher we had in the Bounty Bag. We had some done and we got 9 photo's of different sizes for $40 and they were so much better photo's and showed our bubby as he really is. I have also taken some myself and I have had people comment on how they think mine are better than the one we had professionally done.
Thanks for everyone advise but I am still glad that I got the photos done and I do take photos of her with my camera and yes they are good as well but as I see it she is only a toddler once and I can understand where my partner is coming from but I know if it was something to do with fishing he wouldnt mess around about the price and he would buy the stuff straight away.

Plus I put money into account for daughter every week and she is a very rich little girl already.

Thanks again for everyone's advise.

Your hubby should count his lucky stars i'm not his wife! When DS was born we had photos done at... ready for it...
1 week, 3 months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months and 12 months and then yearly after that. Every single time we had them done, I could never decide which ones l liked so hubby always pipes up and says 'just get them all' so we did... I think its because hubbys family never had any photos done of the kids until one time when he was about 16, hubby has always wished there were more photos of him when he was a bub... shes only little once, if hubby is really against it might be time to invest in a digital camera... then he can count the cost of processing those! lol!

Jade, QLD, DS Sept 04, #2 due 06/08/07

We got some photos done when Jayden was 3 months old. They were so gorgeous! When we went to pick them up they told us how much they were ($490) and hubby walked away and called me over. He made a big deal about how much they cost and everything right in front of the people! It was so embarassing! I ended up saying that I would pay for them so had to set up a payment plan. I was so angry at him. He could afford it easily but reckons that we could take photos just as good on our own camera. I still get angry when I think about it! Grrr!

My partner has never done that front of people and your hubby has no right to say that front of people and with the photos that I got done couple of weeks ago I have set up a payment plan to pay them but my partner isnt the one who is paying for them but when someone cames to our place and they see the photos they always how sweet they are and than my partner will say that he got them done when he was against them and didnt want them done or buy them and that makes me angry.

Sign in to follow this topic