Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Nuva Ring(sp) Lock Rss

Evening all,
i was just reading another post about contraception and it got me thinking. I cant take the pill due to migraines and i have also tried the inplanon b4 i had bub but my periods were also all over the place...

I have been off the pill for like 4 months now and just using condoms but was wondering if anyone has used the ring befor? I have a script for 3 months worth as its cheaper to get 3 then buying 1 at a time.

So does it feel weird? Can you get it in and out easy enough?

Any advice would be great as i stress out every month weather im getting my period or not and would love to go on something thats doesnt give my side effects. Thanks smile Shell

BUMP

Ok, I never actually got to use mine because I found out I was pregnant before I got to try it... but.

According to doc there are no nerve endings where it sits so you can't feel it when it's there. I was also told partners can't feel it during sex either.

I was given it because I keep getting reactions to the pill and got sick of being switched to different ones etc. It's supposed to be less likely to give you a reaction - don't ask me why though.

Ummm... I hope that helps, I'll post again if I think of anything else.

i used to bve on it and its great u cant feel it and partner hardly can either no side effects other than the cost! only things are to check regularly that its still sitting in right it can work its way out but i never had many probs! and best to get it from bigger pharmacies or discount pharmacies my doc said shop around as they charge differently cheapes i got it was about 63 dollars for the 3 months oh and it can cause u to have a discharge which i think is just your bodies reaction to having an object inside u and it settles down once u get used to it sorry if thats tmi for anyone! i never had any issues i love being on it oh and u can take it out for sex if u prefer for up to 3 hours max is u put it back in your apparently still covered i only stopped because of teh cost
oh best way it was described to me was its liek using a tampon u cant feel it and inserting it is just as easy and yep its true!

Posted by: KathrynRose
I was given it because I keep getting reactions to the pill and got sick of being switched to different ones etc. It's supposed to be less likely to give you a reaction - don't ask me why though.

You'll be less likely to get a reaction as the hormones are localised at the cervix as opposed to going through out you body to work. I can't take the pill, or use the implant or get the injection. The ring is on my list of things to try (not that I have many choices). I did get a prescription for the IUD but never got it filled as it was too expensive and then too hard to get fitted.

[Edited on 18/02/2008]

Karen, DS1 31/8/03, DD 12/3/07, DS2 16/12/09

Posted by: Camsmum

You'll be less likely to get a reaction as the hormones are localised at the cervix as opposed to going through out you body to work. I can't take the pill, or use the implant or get the injection. The ring is on my list of things to try (not that I have many choices). I did get a prescription for the IUD but never got it filled as it was too expensive and then too hard to get fitted.

hey Camsmum, was the IUD the Marina? I am just wondering because you sound like me and I was told I should not use the Marina?? Just following this thread because I am now at the stage of find something that is not going to get me a divorce lol or go and get the tubes done...

Leigha''s little men smile

Yep it was the marina. I have problems with the way my blood clots in reaction to the hormones so Ive been told anything that means the hormones don't have to travel throughout my system is probably safe. But its a lot of money to find out if I can use it or not.

Also DH has opted to get the snip in another year or two so I only have to wait until a bit after he gets it done and then its no more contraception worries for me!

Karen, DS1 31/8/03, DD 12/3/07, DS2 16/12/09

Sign in to follow this topic