Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Being a Mum
  5. im a young mum n would like to chat with others...

im a young mum n would like to chat with others... Lock Rss

hi my name is amy im almost 21 n have 2 DD kalinda(3), tayah(12mths) and im 36wks pregnant with my 3rd....my DF works away during the week and i need adult conversation...so either PM me so you can add me on facebook or msn if u wanna chat

Hi Amy, i'm Tash i'm 19 and I have a 17 month old DD. I study during the week so I do have the oppurtunity to make friends but none of the people who live around here are very accepting of me having a child so they stop talking to me right after they find out.
Hi girls, im Amy too, im 20 and have Maddison who is 1 next month.
im always up for a chat aswell, where do you girls live? im in perth but im moving down to dunsborough (near margaret river) in a few weeks.
Tash thats not good that they arent very accepting of you, it must be hard sometimes.

hope to speak to you all soon

xx

Posted by: princessdaddynme
Hi Amy, i'm Tash i'm 19 and I have a 17 month old DD. I study during the week so I do have the oppurtunity to make friends but none of the people who live around here are very accepting of me having a child so they stop talking to me right after they find out.

i know the feeling its hard to make friends and its even worse wen old friends stop talking to you aswell...

Hi. I'm belinda and I am 20 and have 2 kids. Jack is 2. Amber is 8 months old. I'm a single mum and I love it.
I don't know that many people or have many friends. i think Tash and I would be good friends if we saw enough of each other lol =)
I have facebook, myspace and msn and i'll add you all if you want.

Talk soon.

i can try to give advice but my daughter has always been in her own room so unfortuantely i cant really relate but the other day we wee talking bout it at mums group and the lady said tell your child all day that they will sleep in their own room tonight ( dont know how old your child is so dont know if htey will understand) put your child in their bed at bed time and say good night, walk out, there will be crying and screaming, and he will do this for 3 or 4 nights, but after that he will most probably be used to it.
if he is screaming non stop for hours ofcourse releive him, change nappy, give some water and then put straight to bed. but dont sit in there or give into him.

hope this helps, just was listening coz some other girls from mums group have the same problems.
Good Luck and let us know how it goes. smile

hmm i dont know if ngala is western austrlaian or australia wide, but try them or someone like them. look them up on google. other wise perserverance and dont give in, but again i am not experienced. but yeah try ngala or something like that smile

Hi Amy and everyone else,

My name is Louise, I'm 22 and have two kids, both boys the older one is 20 months and the little one is 2 months old. I've been married for just over 2 years, my hubby is 25 years old and he works heaps. 120-hour fortnight at the moment, he's applied for a FIFO job though on an 8-6 day rotation. I'm kind of hoping he'll get it, even though I'd rather have him home every night, because he has hardly any time off at the moment and 6 days at a time would be great. He gets very tired and I don't like not having him home on weekends.

Anyhoo... I don't have facebook or msn so I guess I'll catch you all in here again:)

Take care ladies
xx

Oh yes, and I live in Perth!

[Edited on 22/08/2008]
Asmyth- your welcome im glad i could help, they are great.

mumandtheboys- where abouts in perth are you? im in east fremantle. but moving down to dunsborough in 4 weeks!

cant wait! my partner hates the stress of city life, he was brought up in dunsborough. im hoping once were back in his home town and he is happier he will want to try for another baby! im so clucky, lol.

hope you are all well, maddie and i are gonig to the shops today to get groceries and hte paper, coz the girl in "make me a super model" called courtney is my sisters best friend and she has a spread in the west australian today!!

speak soon

I live in Heathridge. Lucky, moving to Dunsborough - i wish we could do that! I'd love hubby to get a residential position somewhere, like up North where he's looking at going FIFO. I want to go too!

Shopping trips become real expeditions with little ones, don't they. It's nice though when they get excited. My toddler gets excited when we go anywhere in th car. Bub is too young to be difficult so it's quite nice at the moment!

Tash, what do you study? I have a degree in Anthropology/Communication Studies. I did my final year after my first son was born, and was heavily pregnant with the second when I graduated. I looked funny in my academic dress, waddling across the stage and with uni staff helping me up and down the steps haha. I've done a bit of freelance writing since but other than that I'm a stay at home mummy for now. It's nice, spending so much time with my boys and not having the stress of study anymore, but I missed studying at first, I've never had a break from it until now and I didn't know what to do with myself!

Anyway we're meant to be meeting MIL in about an hour. I'd better get some washing done at least, so today isn't a total write-off on the housework front... have fun shopping Ames, and hope all the rest of you have a nice day too!
Hi

My name is Sarah and im 22 and have a 10 mth old baby boy named Joel!

I hope everyone has a nice weekend!

xxx
mumandtheboys - I'm still doing year 12 as I fell pregnant half way through year 11, finished it whilst pregnant and I am now doing year 12 over two years. I am actually done with the year 12 part though i'm just doing a few extra classes so I can get a UAI and get into uni. I've applied to study accounting next year smile
Sign in to follow this topic