Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Being a Mum
  5. Any other Mums who keep changing their minds about wanting another baby?

Any other Mums who keep changing their minds about wanting another baby? Lock Rss

I have been going through phases lately of DESPERATELY wanting another baby (i already have a 2.5 and 1.5 year old). I get soooo jealous of hearing about other women who are pregnant or have newborns (I need to stop reading the pregnancy forum on here!!!). Then I start convincing myself that I could cope with another, and almost had dp convinced at one point. Luckily I have so far been able to talk myself out of it, lol. I just dont think I could cope with the stress of a new bub. But still, it doesnt make the feeling go away. I miss having a bub around the house, mine are both well and truly toddlers now!!!! Just interested to see if other mums feel like this smile

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/5os2ev.jpg[/IMG][IMG]h

i felt like that with my 2 boys before i fell preg, we both decided on 2 kids but my partner was more for 2 and i wanted a 3rd to see if it was my chance of having a girl, i would see so many mums with babys.

but anyway now im about to have a baby girl and that will be a complete family.
i know its gonna be stressful to start with but im sure ill manage.

hopefuly later on you and your hubby can have another baby.

good luck.

izacc,ethan and mya

I felt that I desperately wanted another bub up until last week. I don't know how it happened but for some reason I don't want my DS to miss out on spending time with just me and him. Does that make sense? I might eventually want another one but I might wait til DS is in school. Don't think I would be able to cope with 2 at home, even though I'm doing very well as a first time mum.

I feel EXACTLY the same way as you do. I have 2 boys my eldest turned 3 yesterday and my second is 17mths! Once I found out that I was having another boy I was sure that I wanted to try again for a girl! But after having 2 close together and having 2 that don't sleep and have been difficult sometimes I really wonder if I'd be able to cope with 3 children! I DESPERATELY would like to have a girl but as you know it's only at 50% chance of that happening, even if I did have a third boy I would still love him the same but I would deffinatly stop there! My bestfriend is pregnant with her second and sometimes I feel really clucky and would like to start trying sooner rather then later, but I keep telling myself to wait until the boys are a bit older so it won't be as hard on me! Originally I thought I'd like to start trying around Aug this year so my middle child would be just over 2.5yrs but latley I've been thinking maybe I should wait an extra year! I feel like I've just started getting a little bit of "me" back (if that makes sense). I've just started to find time to exercise everyday and I'm starting to get my fitness and body back a bit so I think I'd like to continue having a bit of time for myself for a change before I lose it all again with a new baby! It's such a hard decision when you've already got 2 - I know that if I had one of each I wouldn't have anymore!

Good luck with your decision
Lisa
Lisa, it was so nice to hear someone describe exactly how I have been feeling! Especially about wanting a girl! If i do get pregnant again and find out it's a boy i am going to be dissapointed. of course i will love the new baby just as much as my other boys, but it means i have to keep trying to get the little girl that i crave! sometimes when things are good, and the boys have behaved themselves all day, i think i could definately cope with having a baby around. but then on THOSE days, when one or both have just whined all day, or if they're a bit sick i think WHAT WAS I THINKING! lol. But i really want all my kids to have a sibling close in age, i love the relationship my boys have formed. so if i wait til they are older then i will probably want to have another two . Whereas if I had another now the age gap between my youngest and the baby will only be a couple of years. I am just going to have to bide my time, and really really think about it! labour, breastfeeding, sleepless nights, endless rocking and bouncing of a baby that just WILL NOT GO TO SLEEP. Am I really ready for another? I think I have just talked myself back out of it lol!

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/5os2ev.jpg[/IMG][IMG]h

Oh my! I am SOO in this boat!! I can't decide if I want a third. I have a nearly 2.5 year old and a 10 month old. I wouldn't be getting pregnant anytime in the near future but I just don't know if I could handle 3. Sometimes I can barely handle two. I think going through rough labors twice is enough and yes, the first 3-6 months with a baby are pretty rough. But I can't really imagine stopping at two. I never wanted 3, only 2 or 4 kids. I, on the other hand, have two girls and want a boy. Maybe we could exchange secrets on how to get the other gender!! lol.
We mums are really lucky to have two children and to be in a position to honestly consider a third. It is a wonderful decision to have to make--albeit a very stressful one!
But I wish I knew for certain. My hubby would be game if I want a third. Hmm. . .who knows.

Mom of two beautiful little girls

Hey

I felt like this also! But in my mind i kept thinking 2 is best because its perfect for outings etc but i kept feeling like theres something missing, a really annoying feeling and i got pregnant with my third by suprise 3 months ago and couldnt be happier!! I say go for the 3rd grin

Congrats on expecting your third! What an exciting time. smile

I just found out one of my good friends is expecting her 3rd also.

Hope all goes well with your pregnancy.

Mom of two beautiful little girls

Hi there,
I gave birth 4 weeks ago and as soon as she was born i knew i was not finished. I am soooooo clusky already and have told my hubby he has to be the responsible one lol.

I think if you look deep down inside, you will know wether your family is complete.

Good luck
I always wanted to have a 3rd child too. I think it is a special dynamic of a family with more than 2 kids. I have a 3 year old girl and a 15 months old son. My son is an extremely bad sleeper at night. I keep saying that if he was my first child, I am not sure if I would have wanted an other one because of the extreme sleep deprevation he is causing me. But maybe in a few years, when he will finally sleep through the night and my DH and I can work on an other one we might have an other baby <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

alisa2211
baby food recipes

alisa2211

I always wanted to have a 3rd child too. I think it is a special dynamic of a family with more than 2 kids. I have a 3 year old girl and a 15 months old son. My son is an extremely bad sleeper at night. I keep saying that if he was my first child, I am not sure if I would have wanted an other one because of the extreme sleep deprevation he is causing me. But maybe in a few years, when he will finally sleep through the night and my DH and I can work on an other one we might have an other baby <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

alisa2211
baby food recipes

alisa2211

alisa2211
baby food recipes

alisa2211

Sign in to follow this topic