Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

anyone change their minds? Lock Rss

I loved my boys as babies but wished that someone had warned me of the reality of having KIDS as opposed to babies, the full on aspect of 3 loud know it all school boys is wearing thin!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I feel that way. I am 21 and bub is 6 months now, and to tell the truth feels like a burden (although of course she isnt and i love her to bits) I tell myself im 'over' the partying stage and am too mature for all that, but admit I still get envious of my old friends who have not a care in the world. But I know I am just being selfish, and mums arent allowed to be selfish smile
I'm 25 and my accidental DS is now 5 months old and i remember it taking FOREVER just getting used to being pregnant, let alone looking after the rugrat after birth. i had one massive cry every month while pregnant. and once he was born, cried every day. but as time started to slip by, i was crying only every 2nd day, then once a week, once a fortnight and then once a month again. by the time he was 4 months, my hormones must have settled down because i haven't cried since.
i still remember being 22 and carefree, partying it up with my mates, getting smashed out on the town and thrashing my ute about. now the utes gone and so has my independent lifestyle with it.
i have no regrets now - i've even bitten the bullet and decided to finally sell the ute (currently in my dads care).
i think it all comes down to time, crazy hormones and mothers group - mine is fantastic!
congrats to everyone for letting this cat out of the bag. i'm glad i'm not the only one!
Dont worry too much, I felt exactly the same way..for a very long time..I fell pregnant at 18 and had bubs at 19, but i so desperately wanted my life back. Before bub i was going out with friends nearly every night, dancing all night, shopping and studying all day!! I love my son, and i dont have those feelings as strong anymore, but sometimes i look back on photos, even some of my outfits, and i still have a little feeling there of wanting it back. In the end, i would never trade bub for anything. Your feelings will fade, you are just going through a rough patch, hang in there, thinking of you smile
Dont worry too much, I felt exactly the same way..for a very long time..I fell pregnant at 18 and had bubs at 19, but i so desperately wanted my life back. Before bub i was going out with friends nearly every night, dancing all night, shopping and studying all day!! I love my son, and i dont have those feelings as strong anymore, but sometimes i look back on photos, even some of my outfits, and i still have a little feeling there of wanting it back. In the end, i would never trade bub for anything. Your feelings will fade, you are just going through a rough patch, hang in there, thinking of you smile
there's nothing saying that because you are now a mum you have to say goodbye to partying or whatever your hobby maybe. i think its important to find a balance - not just for yourself but for the sake of your little family. if mums happy the home is happy smile
i'm 23 with two kids - 34 months and 10mths, and am just realising lately that going out with the girls or even by myself doesn't make me a bad mum. its important for the dads to have one on one time too.

Nicole, Laqhlan and Cooper smile

babe
i'm probably just repeating what everyone else has written but you need to relax! smile you've just had a baby and your hormones are going nuts. sleep deprivation doesn't help either!!
being a new mum is scary. i'm 23 with two boys - 34 & 10mths, and can completely relate.
try and stay positive. tomorrow will be better then today. if your tired in the day and bubs sleeping have a nap too. maybe get up 10/15 mins earlier in the morning have a shower put on some mascara, even tho you've got a precious bundle to care for doesn't mean you should stop looking after yourself. if bubs having a bad day who cares if the dishes aren't done. if you can relax you may notice a change with bub. they can pick up on all your emotions - no matter how well you think your hiding them. smile

Nicole, Laqhlan and Cooper smile

Hi

Sounds like your experiencing what any first time mum of a 6 week old baby would feel. I felt similiar but like others have said I found getting up taking the time to get ready like you would of done before the baby makes a massive difference.. it's these little things that make you feel human again. Try and get out even if you get partner/family to look after your little one and go and have a coffee etc...

Things will only brighten up for you and get easier.

Good luck
Sign in to follow this topic