Huggies Forum

20, 25, 30, 35, 40.......? Rss

Hi all,

I'm super happy to have my baby but i'll be honest and say that i'm just as happy that i had him when i did- at age thirty. Having him any earlier would have made me down at the time in that i think i wouldn't have coped very well and would have regretted not 'enjoying a few more years of being able to hop in my car and run without thinking about another little person'. Just wondering what your thoughts are. Does anyone wish they'd waited a while? Does anyone wish they'd had them earlier? Or is everyone seriously happy with their current situation?

Look forward to hearing some of your thoughts.

Super.

bubsy32

hi super
i do miss being able to just hop in my car and go, but then my little one is not a problem to throw in the car and go she is very easy going to just pick up and be on our way.

i would just like to say that i dont regret anything.

there is one thing i never thought of that does affect me, but i dont think age has anything to do with it, i dont really have anyone to leave tasmin with so i can have a 1hr off to go shopping or something on my own. i dont pine over it, and taz is good girl when we are out but i would like to be able to be on my own for a little while to remember myself.
i never been job minded, i would make just enough to get us by, so that was never a issue with waiting for that to take off!
i do miss the fun my partner and i would have on friday and saturday nites, but its got to stop at one point anyway! we just shifted that money and fun into going away on weekend as a family, a night at a club does not beat watching tasmin eating her first mouthful of sand!!!!!!
i dont think i will be 100% happy till i have the house and car that i dream of and also my pool. (the pool may seem silly to some but i grew up with a pool and then we moved, its been 10ish years and im still pineing for a pool so i think it means something!)
but im just greatful that my family is still here and we have so much fun together.

catherine mum to tasmin and Liam

forgot to add that im 22

catherine mum to tasmin and Liam

Hi super,

i'm with you.....i had my first at age 30 & i can't imagine having her any earlier. By that age I was about over all the night clubs, discos, drinking to get drunk, all that sort of stuff, you know what I mean?? I feel that age 30 I was physically & emotionally ready to cope with the responsibilities of having a baby. My second was born 2.5yrs later, just before i turned 33.

I have no regrets waiting until I was 30, thats for sure.

Bye

Michelle - Mum to 2

Super

I am 23 with two girls ages 19mth & 4mths, and while i wouldn't change anything

I think its hard to judge what is better to have children early or not - if you wait you may be financally better off, it allows you time to do things for you such as travel, but then you have the problem of finding out you can't fall pregnant easily, which means you may miss out.

To have children in your 20's mean you can start your career once there in school, giving you more time to decide what you actually want with your working life and your not really missing what you don't know.

I must admit i have it pretty easy, if i want to go out on my own or with my husband or friends i have plenty of family who love to watch the girls for me.

There just my thoughts
i had my 1st son at 34 then the 2nd at the follwimg year folloewed by no3 another year later . i am pleased i waited i am still deciding wheter to try for that elusive girl but hubby does not really want to either way i dont mind ,cant compalin with 3 healthy happy kids

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I have been parenting my stepdaughter (now 11) since I was 17 and I was 22 when I gave birth to my daughter Maya (now 17mths).
I was a very difficult teenager, I did the hwole clubbing, partying etc. thing at 14 instead of 20, so I don't feel I missed out in that respect. Bcming a mother really settled me down and made me grow up.
I was 1/2 way thru my degree when I fell pregnant, so that wasn't ideal, but I did finish my degree,, it was just that much harder with a baby.
I'm now a single mum, but I've been lucky in that I am able to work from home doing what I love (writing), so I don't feel that I'm missing out careerwise.
Over all I don't regret having my girls at all, but I wouldn definitely have waited given the choice.

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

I think it is an individual thing - some people may be ready in their 20s and others not until they are in their 30s.

I am 33 and had my first little girl last year. i sometimes think I left it too late as I would like to have another 2 and am concerned about the fact that complications really rise after the age of 35. That and the fact that I am sure my energy levels won't be as high!

However, I have had a very full life - went to uni, had a great job, lived overseas and travelled the world. I could not haev done these things with a baby so I don't have any regrets.

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

i dunno i have never really been into wasting my money going out getting drunk throwing my stomach contents up and feeling ill the next day to me there was always the thought "whats the point?" so when i hit 19 i wanted a child. really i mean i was never a child so whats the point. i needed something to live for and no thats not the only reason i had my daughter. i was ready mentally, emotionally and all that. but i wasnt out to find someone just for that. my daughter happened i wont say accidentally as she is very much loved and wanted... a pleasent suprise i will say.. we love her very much and i am very happy to have been 21 when she was 4 months old. it means when i get a little older we will have had all the children and will have our lives to be our lives and watch the grandies grow up. i wouldnt change my age as i am young enough to play catch, chase them around the yard or do what ever she wants to do... i loooove being a young mum i just HATE the looks i get sometimes. i wish everyone would mind their own business... LOL we're gonna make them look sometime in the future we have been trying for another one for sometime now...

gotta run... got more messages to look at while i am online.

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Made for interesting reading- thanks heaps girls.

Super.

bubsy32

im 17 soon to be 18 and in all honesty im 100% content with my life i have a 2 yr old son and i cant imagine life any other way and i have no regrets whatsoever i prefer my life now to then

Mummy 2 B-J

Yeah I am with you. I am 32 now and had my little man at the beginning of this year. You seem more contented and not wanting to go out and do things such as clubbing and getting blind rotten drunk. I think too that I am a more patient and wanting to put everything I can into bringing him up happy and healthy.

I too have no regrets.
Sign in to follow this topic