Huggies Forum

Is having 3 kids Rss

I was massively worried about that. And DD1 was always a "sympathy crier" so if she heard a baby cry she would also cry. HOwever it seems different when they are a sibling for some reason. It is rare that DS's crying will wake either of the girls which is good.

DD2 only started sleeping through a week before DS was born too....I guess at least I didn't get out of the habit of getting up at night....

aww thats so cute what a sweet daughter! well that makes me happy he wont wake up from the crying our room are on the opposite side of the house so that should help too...i wont move her till she sleeps through the night i hope she picks it up fast like her brothers, all mums are super but the ones that have to wake up a few times a night when bub is 2 desesrve a medal i reckon, i dont know how they do it!!

I thought having 3 was going to be soooo hard but it's not as bad as I expected my DS1 is 5 so he likes to help and he's at kinder 3days so It's like having 2 kids on those days anyway. DS2 is 3 and still gets up several times a night and up for the day at 6am but DS3 has only been waking for one night time feed since birth and he loves to sleep in the day to so that makes it easier to get stuff done. I'm so glad we went for #3 I think I could have handled 4 but DH had the snip last week so we won't get tempted!!!

Just remember that the boys can still swim up to 6 months after the snip....lol
I am starting to wonder about the added stress of 3 children. DD1 will be 3.5 when bubs is born and DD2 will be 1.5. DD1 is extrememly helpful. She gets everything for me and follows instructions etc. So I am really hoping that that will be helpful when the baby comes along... I think that the change (other than Sleep really) from 1 to 2 will be harder than 2 to 3 (thats what I'm hoping for anyway lol) as you go from a single child to multiple children - BIG change there. Whereas 2 to 3 you are already used to having more than one so it shouldn't be too much extra work right??? lol

I am starting to wonder about the added stress of 3 children. DD1 will be 3.5 when bubs is born and DD2 will be 1.5. DD1 is extrememly helpful. She gets everything for me and follows instructions etc. So I am really hoping that that will be helpful when the baby comes along... I think that the change (other than Sleep really) from 1 to 2 will be harder than 2 to 3 (thats what I'm hoping for anyway lol) as you go from a single child to multiple children - BIG change there. Whereas 2 to 3 you are already used to having more than one so it shouldn't be too much extra work right??? lol

I reckon you're right, it isn't toooo much extra work really, it's just a matter of managing your time. I still maintain it's the nights that'll get you... particularly when you factor in things like the older ones teething (if that is an issue), and sickness (for example DD2 is teething atm AND has a cold....). So yep, if you're prepared for some nights when you will have literally no sleep then it is fine during the days lol

aww thats so cute what a sweet daughter! well that makes me happy he wont wake up from the crying our room are on the opposite side of the house so that should help too...i wont move her till she sleeps through the night i hope she picks it up fast like her brothers, all mums are super but the ones that have to wake up a few times a night when bub is 2 desesrve a medal i reckon, i dont know how they do it!!

She is sweet smile And evil at the same time lol. You should be fine I reckon with opposite ends of the house particularly
Thanks for all the replies ladies grin

I still really want a 3rd but i will report back on that after my 2nd is born in march hahah doesn't sound like it will be too much of a change, as long as i can get everyone into the same routine!!
routine is the key.

I never noticed a change from 1-2,2-3or 3-4 kids.
Although 3-4 was 4 1/2 years apart. I love every minute of it as the older 3 are at school and i have 1 on 1 with DS#3 ( 2 1/2years).

DS#1 is 11 and has adhd
dd is 8 1/2
ds#2 is 7 today
ds#3 is 2 1/2.

I would have kept going if dh didn't have thesnip when DS#3 was 3 months.

It can be a challenge at first but when things settle down it becomes easier lol.
i have 4 kids and im 24, oldest 2 are 3.5, then nearly two and my youngest is 5 months.

i do try to spend time with them individually but the twins would rather spend time with each other so when they are playing together i concentrate on my nearly 2 year old.

i think having the twins first made it a lot easier but i must admit time to yourself you must take when you can lol tongue

Yeah thanks I know that's why I'm still having the injections until we get the all clear!! DH wouldn't be impressed if he went through that and we still had another bub lol

LOL That's what I said to DP....it'd be just my luck that 5 1/2 months after his getting the snip I'd get UTD....lmao
I think 3 year is best massive difference. Thanks.
my kids were 21 months apart. when bub 2 came along my first was toilet training so he was only in nappies for 2 months after bub was here, then when 3rd bub came along number 2 was toilet taining and again out of nappies a month later.

i found it easy having three kids with a small gap. i had great routine and now there 6,4,2 adn i love it. one at school, one starting kinder and the other in daycare two days.

its only hard if your kids are little shits LOL without being rude. if they are easy going kids then u will be fine.

good luck but the smaller the gap the better(for us anyway)

izacc,ethan and mya

Sign in to follow this topic