Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Being a Mum
  5. Read this and tell me what you think....

Read this and tell me what you think.... Lock Rss

Stupid, stuck up, self centred excuse for a mother

Oh I read that piece of imaginative writing yesterday...not exactly in touch with reality that one, is she? lol

ETA- BTW, I'm all for people finding their own way in regards to child rearing- you know rejecting some advice and methods etc- finding what suits you and your baby. I just think she was talking like a know it all in that article and all she managed to do IMO was come off sounding like a twit.

Hi!
Well thanks G.K for giving me a laugh with this. All I can say is I understand why this: 'Due to a number of inappropriate posts, the comment feature has been turned off this blog.' And each to their own, but hey...I'm going to wear push-up bras for my saggy breasts with pride when I'm finished b/feeding. lol.
Both my babies slept on their backs and neither had a flat head as I made sure that I turned them. Also yes I bottle fed, but I did it reluctently after trying to breast feed and having to give up for different reasons.

She wrote that she had a fulltime karatine nurse living with them so she is ovbously a well off mother who had a child to be an accessory.

WOW, what a twat
Are you calling her stupid and self centred because of her parenting ways or how she wrote the article?

I agree she sounded a bit up herself, but its up to every mother how they choose to do things.
I agree with the PP. She has a Nurse so she isnt even looking after the child or feeding it pfft.

Are you calling her stupid and self centred because of her parenting ways or how she wrote the article?

I agree she sounded a bit up herself, but its up to every mother how they choose to do things.

Eveyone has different parenting styles and ideas, but she was clearly sitting on a high horse when she wrote that article.
WOW! That is beyond ridiculous! Surely she is the only person in the world who thinks like this?
And the comment feature for that Blog turned off? I wonder why....

IDIOT!

I think it's just another woman wanting to find reasons to 'prove' that her parenting style is more 'correct' than what others have chosen to do. All it really does is prove her insecurity in needing to justify her reasons for choosing something different. Breast implants and flat spots on heads are hardly solid evidence of WHY it MUST be done the way she chose.

I don't mind what people choose to do with their parenting- if the child is safe, loved, healthy and happy I have no problem with it at all. But it does amuse me the amount of times a woman will slander a particular style of parenting just because it's not what they did.

Insecure. She wouldn't make a good friend of mine!!!!!

Ooooh, what a rebel. She sounds proud of her accomplishments.

TBH, it saddens me when I see/read/witness people who choose to 'buck' the system simply because they can. Ignorantly neglecting the fact that a lot of research and experience goes into the advice organisations such as SIDS offer people.

I know a few people who are like the lady in the article (well, who I perceived her to be, anyway). They read a few articles, speak to a few people, then suddenly know more than all the researchers and clinicians who have years of experience. Quite sad, really.
Oh my dear lord, is all I could think when reading that! She has so many facts wrong its scary- for a start breast feeding doesnt cause saggy breast- the fact that breast swell with milk and stretch is the reason for the sagging.
Also she implied that if you dont keep a sleep journal for your baby you are somehow uneducated and/or on meth and depriving your baby! WTF?!

Why bother having children with an attitude like that. Poor kid. [url=http://www.mysmiley.net][img]http://serve.mysmi...]
Sign in to follow this topic