Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Being a Mum
  5. Read this and tell me what you think....

Read this and tell me what you think.... Lock Rss

Absolutely dumbfounded - that's all I have to say!

Okay, this woman is obviously a sensationalist who wrote the article to get a reaction much like your reactions here. However, the basic facts of her parenting style are not so horrible. She chose to formula feed (who cares the real reason, the kid is being fed), and she chose to sleep her baby on its side after getting advice on the safe way to do so. I don't see the problem with that. She also said that much of the advice given by proffessionals is generalised, and with appropriate help advice and research you can choose different methods, which does make sense and we all do it to a certain extent.

I agree the pompous way she wrote it and the some of the ridiculous reasons she quoted were bad, but I don't think she has done anything wrong by her bub

True but come on, the way she phrased her argument was designed to irritate people so we can't really be blamed when it works.

But I do dissagree with ignoring safety reccomendations for sids.
I read it and I will tell you what I think smile

I read it TWICE.

I read it critically.

It is a SATIRICAL piece of writing about the complexities and the diversity of parental advice out there that parents are bombarded with.

Am I the only one who actually got this????

I read it TWICE.

I read it critically.

It is a SATIRICAL piece of writing about the complexities and the diversity of parental advice out there that parents are bombarded with.

Now where would fun in that be??

I read it TWICE.

I read it critically.

Satire: A text or performance that uses irony, derision, or wit to expose or attack human vice, foolishness, or stupidity

Ummm doesnt read like satire to me. She seems quite serious, though she is obviously trying to be contoversial.

However, the basic facts of her parenting style are not so horrible. She chose to formula feed ......
I agree the pompous way she wrote it and the some of the ridiculous reasons she quoted were bad, but I don't think she has done anything wrong by her bub

Really? She didn't choose formula because she BELIEVED it was the best option for her child, she ff because she didn't want to ruin her breasts and basically couldn't be bothered giving her child the best.
And as for "parenting style"? She doesn't even have one! (except to be as inactive as she can in the childs day-to-day life) She says because they could afford it they have a Karitane nurse to help with the child. WTF! If I had buckets of money, NOTHING would stop me from being a 24/7 hands on mum. Otherwise, as I said in my previous post what's the point?
Do you really think she's doing her best by her child? She IS this childs's mother and yet seems to be refusing to act like one. (and she seems to be proud of it)

I read it TWICE.

I read it critically.

I read it twice too. It crossed my mind that maybe that was the style she was going for, but it just didn't quite fit in all areas for me. I guess she's not very good at it if that was her intention.
hmmm why have a baby if she was just gonna palm it off to a nanny? Funny how raising a baby for this woman sounds like it was just too much of an effort and would ruin her lifestyle at the country club.

Satire: A text or performance that uses irony, derision, or wit to expose or attack human vice, foolishness, or stupidity

Fits perfectly with the piece. All I can see is a pisstake of the modern 'if you dont do it my way, which is by every recommendation out there that I cant actually function as a parent without, your a crap parent' holier than thou attitude a lot of mothers seem to have going on.

Evidently, your majesty. You also must be better than other people.

How can she sit there and tell people that bf wreck your breast and that they have to get boob jobs. I don't care that my boobs are heading south cause i bf.

Gk your little DD is getting cuter.

I know an older (70+) lady who never had kids. Guess what? Her boobs are STILL around her tummy button!!!

Fits perfectly with the piece. All I can see is a pisstake of the modern 'if you dont do it my way, which is by every recommendation out there that I cant actually function as a parent without, your a crap parent' holier than thou attitude a lot of mothers seem to have going on.

Agreed!

Sign in to follow this topic