Huggies Forum

Any of you Mums.... Lock Rss

studing education externally whilst at home with your kiddies...? I started during my last preg but found with a high risk twin preg it was too much, so abandoned it. Now the kiddies are 18mths, 4 and 10 and Im ready to start doing something. But, Im wondeeing if Im biting of more than I can chew, so to speak....
I'm not studying, but will be watching this thread.

My babies are 5, 3 and 4 months and i'm finding it hard to do the basics at the moment. The kids are great its just trying to fit everything into a day/week. I would love to study once my little one hits 12 months but i am also wondering if i am putting to much pressure on myself. i dont want it to fall in a heap cause i can't cope.

I hear stories all the time from women and what they do....there is a lady at my DS's school who is studying to become a doctor. she works part time, studies (which would be a huge work load) and has 3 children super close together.

I have no idea how she does it, but she managaes. she is always so happy and her kids are adorable. Just goes to prove that its achievable. Especially if you love what your studying.

I guess the main thing would be time management, setting up strict studying times etc.

Anyway after all that rambling, good luck in deciding, i bet you will do great smile
Thanks mate...The oldest , my step ds is obviously at school, dd4 will be starting at preschool next yr for a 5 day fortnite and the 2 little ones are still a handful....so, I think your right...time management is the key. I have no idea how that lady would juggle everything though...good on her if she can. But like you said, I too just dont want to put too much pressure on myself. My mum and mil talked me out of it totally. I have just had my 30th bday and kinda have that nagging feeling that I want to be doing something "more"... I love being a mummy, but...dunno. Im just not feeling very fullfilled at the mo...love my kids to bits tho, dont get me wrong. What were you thinking about studying?
I'm studying education but not by distance (although a couple of my units are only offered by distance) and I have an 18 month old, I'd say just do 1 or 2 units a semester to start with then maybe see how you go with them (this is what I did but am now doing 3 units a semester as of next year) buy a diary and make sure you timetable everything including housework and time for yourself/your family. Good luck

I'm studying education but not by distance (although a couple of my units are only offered by distance) and I have an 18 month old, I'd say just do 1 or 2 units a semester to start with then maybe see how you go with them (this is what I did but am now doing 3 units a semester as of next year) buy a diary and make sure you timetable everything including housework and time for yourself/your family. Good luck

Its 2 subjects a semester...so, do-able. Thats a really good idea-timetableing.... Thankyou :0)
Hello there,

Just wanted to let you know that yes it is a big juggling act when you add study into the daily runnings of the household and kids and everything else, but it definetly can be done smile

I have a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old and am studying my nursing degree externally. There's no lying that it's hard work, but its about chosing an appropriate study load that suits your lifestyle.

Wish you all the very best with any future study endeavous and Merry Christmas smile

Thanks mate...The oldest , my step ds is obviously at school, dd4 will be starting at preschool next yr for a 5 day fortnite and the 2 little ones are still a handful....so, I think your right...time management is the key. I have no idea how that lady would juggle everything though...good on her if she can. But like you said, I too just dont want to put too much pressure on myself. My mum and mil talked me out of it totally. I have just had my 30th bday and kinda have that nagging feeling that I want to be doing something "more"... I love being a mummy, but...dunno. Im just not feeling very fullfilled at the mo...love my kids to bits tho, dont get me wrong. What were you thinking about studying?

I think our mums and inlaws can sometimes see things from the same perspective they did 20/30 years ago smile

The thing is you can only try, set aside time to concentrate on your study and stick to it. Before you commit yourself find out the ins and outs about what the possibilities are if you found thw work load to much.....could you put the study on hold, drop it down somewhat etc...

There are so many things i want to study and the more i think about it the harder it gets haha. I'm looking at either social work/counselling and nursing/midwifery. What are you looking at studying?

I completely understand the need for "more".

I adore my kids and love raising them but i also crave more stimulation, makes me feel more human smile

I think our mums and inlaws can sometimes see things from the same perspective they did 20/30 years ago smile

The thing is you can only try, set aside time to concentrate on your study and stick to it. Before you commit yourself find out the ins and outs about what the possibilities are if you found thw work load to much.....could you put the study on hold, drop it down somewhat etc...

There are so many things i want to study and the more i think about it the harder it gets haha. I'm looking at either social work/counselling and nursing/midwifery. What are you looking at studying?

I completely understand the need for "more".

I adore my kids and love raising them but i also crave more stimulation, makes me feel more human smile

Teaching...I love the thought of the fact that when my kids are all at school, I can get a job and make better money ...Im a kindy teacher at the mo, and you have to work such a long week just to make a quid. Not that teaching makes you a millionare, but its better than day care....plus I will have more options. It really intrigues me how children learn too...they way they put things together in their minds...my own children amaze me constantly.
I understand totally what you mean about more stimulation....My memory is shot to pieces since having kids...
Midwiffery would be interesting...I considered it when I had my first labour....just dont have the stomach for it
:0)
Sign in to follow this topic