Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Being a Mum
  5. stay at home & working mums, are u happy?

stay at home & working mums, are u happy? Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

I was just thinking about stay at home & working mothers and if everyone is happy in their roles. I myself stay at home with my two kids and love it. I used to be a working mum, but after my second child when I went back part-time I found financially it wasn't worth it (two kids in childcare, plus petrol costs) so hubby & I decided it would be better if I stayed at home. For me it was the best decision ever. I don't plan on going back to work anytime soon, but must admit would like some more money at the end of the month, but then again, who wouldn't!

So are you all happy out there and would anybody change anything?

Have a great day ladies.

angela, QLD, 3 year old, 8 month old

Post deleted by administrator.
Hi ladies,

I'm almost at the end of my 12mths mat leave and feel so divided about going back. I look forward to new work challenges and catching up with colleagues, but am sad to think I could miss Jack's 1st steps or words. I'm fortunate management agreed to jobshare my position 2.5 days p.w. & my hubby will be daddy day care for 2 of the days.

I was a bit of a career girl before my gorgeous boy Jack was born but WOW my life & priorities have changed so much in 12 months! I could think of nothing better than being a sahm until Jack goes to school! If we moved out of Sydney we could possibly afford it but don't want to leave my family.

We have imminent plans for baby no.2 and I look forward to another 12 months of mat leave.

Sorry to rant, I've been to a funeral today (my girlfriend's mum) and am feeling introspective.

Enjoy your bubs, they're only young for a short time smile

Leanne, Randwick, Jack (6/6/05), 2nd bub due 01Feb

Hi

I am a SAHM and love it. As someone else previously mentioned there are those times that you wish you could just walk out the door but they are few and far between. Occasionally my husband talks about me working and him staying at home but I could not earn as much as him we just couldn't survive. We both know he would end up missing his work anyway.

I love being here to see all the new things they do and play with them and watch them grow. I even enjoy keeping the house clean and tidy and having tasty meals on the dinner table every night.

Even as a teenager I always wanted to be a mum and stay at home with my children and thankfully my husband always wanted the mother of his children at home like his mother was so I feel lucky. We have a manageable mortgage and don't buy very many luxury items for me to be able to be at home. I am degree qualified and will probably go back to work at some stage but it won't be till all our kids are at school.

My husband loves having me at home he says he likes being looked after and I like looking after him and our children.

Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

I'm at home with Nina who is nearly 9 months, and we plan for me to stay home until she goes to school, and we're lucky enough to be in a position to do that. Our mortgage is hard work but managable, and hubby and I are both pretty good at budgeting.

I couldn't bear the idea of leaving my girl to go to work, if I had to I guess I could manage part-time but I'd hate it - even though I do have days when I envy DH for being able to walk out the door and leave the chaos for the day - and he gets to talk to grown-ups all day! But I know I'm the lucky one having lots of quality time with my girl.

I used to be a bit of a career girl but always knew I'd stop working to have kids, I think I was influenced by my mum who stayed at home with us. We never had much money or luxuries, but she was there and that meant a lot to me. I know it will be hard getting back into my career later, but that's a problem to worry about another day!

I have a bit of pressure put on me by my MIL, she was a working mum and likes to drop hints about jobs I could do to "help out" - which drives me crazy - is being a full-time devoted mum to her grandchild, wife to her son, and cook and housekeeper not "helping out" enough? I hate it when people make you feel somehow less valuable just because you're not bringing money into the house, but hubby and I are both happy with the way we plan to manage our family, so that's the main thing.

If I could change anything maybe I'd pass a law making it legal to smack people in the head who say, "So when are you going BACK to work?" lol tongue

This new forum is strange ...

hi there

i'm a stay at home mum, and to be quite honest i hate it, i miss working.
dont get me wrong i love haleigh to bits, but i'm bored. i am currently looking for work at the moment.
we've just moved to wellington, so i thinnk thats what could be making me feel worse, still not knowqing anyone.
ive got to admit though when you work it out it is cheaper to be at home than working, once i take childcare off my wages i'll be lucky if i earn anything.

Monique mum 2 Haleigh & James

Hi! I too went back to work (although I only have 1 DS) and I lasted 8 weeks before I realised money is not more important than my and my DS's happiness! Yes, I really need more $$, but I also really need to be there for my DS!
I LOVE being a SAHM and wouldnt change it for anything!

Me, NSW & DS 22.12.04

Hi All,
I am a SAHM and while I love being home with my little girl, I sometimes crave a little more adult interaction where a child isn't the focus of my conversation. I love going out to my mothers group get togethers every week as we now tend to talk about everything - not just about the kids!
I finished work at the end of March. I was due to have a bub in late July early Aug, but MC'd early this year. Hubby and I decided that I would finish work, get my 10 year pro rata payout, go on holidays, come home and get ready for bub. Well we stuck to the plan, but now just trying to make another! :}
Our little girl however has gone forward in leaps and bounds. She no longer clings to me and we can see how much happier she is, as she now gets to spend many days with mum and dad, not just either one!
I don't think I would go back to work if the occasion arised, not until all the children are at school anyway.
I am very happy, I just miss doing work that doesn't involve household chores!

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

Sign in to follow this topic