Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

MIRENA I.U.D Pros & Cons? Lock Rss

Hi, grin

My name is Nat and I was just wondering if any mums out there are currently using the new Mirena contraceptive device? Or have used it in the past?

I am due to have a C-sect with my third child on 10th July and doctor won't do a tubal ligation as I'm under 30 years of age! He highly recommended Mirena which can be inserted 6wks after birth and can be used whilst breast feeding.I did get a leaflet with information but want to know more and the website is useless because it justs promotes it!

Would love to hear back any pro's and cons of using this device and if there is any costs involved? I think real info from other mums is way better than reading a leaflet!

Thanx smile

Nat

I JUST HAD MY FIRST CHILD AND MY DOCTOR ADVISED ME TO HAVE THE IMPLANON PUT IN INSTEAD OF THE MIRENA DUE TO THE FACT IN SOME CASES IT HAS BEEN KNOWN TO SCAR AND SOME PEOPLE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FALL PREGNANT AGAIN, SHE SAID IT WAS EXECELLENT BUT WOULDN'T TAKE THE RISK IF YOU WANTED MORE CHILDREN, BUT SOUNDS PERFECT FOR YOU. MY FRIEND HAS GOT IT AND SHE SWEARS BY IT, SHE HAS HAD NO SIDE AFFECTS AND i DON'T EVEN THINK SHE GETS HER PERIODS. I HAVE NOTICE I AM ALOT MORE CRANKIER SINCE THE IMPLANON BUT NO OTHER SIDE AFFECTS, I HAVEN'T GOT MY PERIODS ON IT EITHER.

Sam Qld,

i also have merena, very popular where i come from, and i think it is the best. obviously not very good at taking the pill!! and to scared to have my tubes tied. I've had it since my youngest was 4months, now 11 months, and i think i have had one period and some spotting. not very often though.

Haven't heard of any scarring either, and every one that i know has it loves it.
Sign in to follow this topic