Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Being a Mum
  5. Does anyone else want "Me Time"?

Does anyone else want "Me Time"? Lock Rss

Hi there,

I have a 10 month DD and am 4 1/2 months pregnant with Bub No. 2.

I seem to be having all these overwhelming feelings at the moment that I don't have anything for just me. I am either looking after my baby, looking after my husband, looking after the house, looking after the dogs, trying to do everything right for my unborn baby etc. etc.

Does anyone else ever feel like they are missing out? I feel like I don't get to use my brain anymore. I just do the menial things that we need to do to survive and that's it. I think I'm feeling mentally understimulated and physically and emotionally overworked - does that make sense?

I realise I'm pregnant again (and I am happy about that), so I realise that going back to work, or studying really are out of the picture at least in the next few years. But does anyone have any ideas that could help with the above?

Ta

Kate,QLD,Toddlers x 2, Just crawling and Bub in th

Hi

I do understand exactly how you feel. How about enrolling in a short TAFE or WEA course in something you are interested in. They often offer them only one day per week for a term. Or how about volunteer work? Or a first aid course, we just did one specifically for kids and it was well worthwhile. Of course you will need hubby or someone else to look after the kids, but I think we all need a bit of free time, even if its only a couple of hours a week.

After I had DD1 I felt a little like I was going crazy stuck at home. I was so used to being busy, using my brain and dealing with lots of people. I used to find myself speaking to strangers all day, just to have someone to speak too! When one day I found that the longest conversation I had had that day was with the postie, I knew there was a problem!

I enrolled in a WEA course in computing, one night a week and it was great. Not only did I get to learn about how to do more complex stuff on the 'puter, I also got free time and met some lovely people who were always keen for a coffee after class!

It is hard to actually get away at times. With my hubby, in order to stop the "I can't look after the kids tonight, I have to work". I had to find something that I had to pay upfront for as he hates wasting money!

Good Luck

Michelle,SA,DD1 4 yo, DD2 9/8/05

Sign in to follow this topic