Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Being a Mum
  5. ouch-urinary tract infection

ouch-urinary tract infection Lock Rss

I thought it was all the coffee that I drunk on Monday that made me go to the toilet all day & night but when I was still feeling the same on tuesday and saw blood in my wee I went to the doc on wednesday and I have a urinary tract infection so now taking antibiotics which will most likely give me thrush!also drinking ural and cranberry jiuce( not together)I am in so much pain while weeing and have to often thats my complaint of the day now am going to take a panadol which seems to take the edge off it
[Edited on 14/09/2007]

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

oh you poor thing ... don't you hate being a woman sometimes the darn stuff we put up with. Hope u feel better soon

oh u poor thing, i went through the same thing but i had to go the hospital and put on a drip with anti-biotics it sux and that gave me thrush as well.

i hope you get better soon.
Xx
hi,

ouch indeed. The BEST thing you can do is drink lots of water to help flush the bacteria out of your urinary system. The more you drink the easier it is to urinate also as the bacteria become dituted in the urine (if that makes sense). The only way I can describe it is like cordial, a little bit of water added the cordial is still strong, but the more water added, the cordial is weaker.

you poor love, the worst thing about having a UTI is that feeling of having to to the loo all the time! Perhaps equally worse is the potential of getting thrush when you have to take antibiotics to get rid of the UTI. You could try acidophyllis tablets (over the counter) to help with the thrush.

hope you are better soon,

SJ
just got a call from the doc to say the antibotics she prescribed will work with the type bacteria that was in the sample so I have to go get a new script she will just leave at the reception desk so dont need a consultation

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

best think you can do is get the correct diagnosis for the uti so u can get the correct antibiotics……….mean time buy some Ural (alkalizes) drink 4-5 sachets a day they are awful and do really work

emili 24/02/2005

Sign in to follow this topic