Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

kiddies sharing rooms Rss

Hi All ,

Was thinking today if maybe DS and bubba should share a room or not.

I was always going to have them in there own rooms , but then I was remembering that my sis and I did share for a couple of years , maybe until I was 6 and she was 4 but I realy cant remember if it was a bad thing or a good thing to share.

Bubba will be in our room until about 1 year, so if they were to share bubba would be 1 and DS almost 3.

So does it work for your kids or would you/they prefer to have there own rooms ?
Can't tell you if it works or not, but as we only have a small two bedroom house bubs will be sharing with DS from the time he goes into his cot. We will have him in a bassinet in our room until he gets to big for it.

Hi All ,

Was thinking today if maybe DS and bubba should share a room or not.

I was always going to have them in there own rooms , but then I was remembering that my sis and I did share for a couple of years , maybe until I was 6 and she was 4 but I realy cant remember if it was a bad thing or a good thing to share.

Bubba will be in our room until about 1 year, so if they were to share bubba would be 1 and DS almost 3.

So does it work for your kids or would you/they prefer to have there own rooms ?

Hi,
Our two DS will be sharing a room as we too have a two bedroom home and won't be moving house for sometime lol. I was one of 6 kids and we all had to share our rooms with each other and I loved it, late night chats (when we were older) and swapping beds.... Oh those were the days..
yes, my ds3 and dd 20 months share a room, dd was in our room until the last month when we found out we were expecting another bub and decided to move her out and in to her own bed before bub comes in feb. We were expecting a huge fight with her which is why we moved her out so quickly so imagine our surprise when she took to it straight away. She started sleeping through for the first time ever in just over a week and now goes to bed happily with a bottle instead of boob (her choice, she wants to do whatever big brother does lol). We plan to shift things around a bit once bub comes and is ready to be moved out of our room (or i'm ready for it lol) but our house is only small and don't want to have to reorganise again once bubs here. For now it is so cute watching them tell their dad ni night and run for their beds its even cuter on the rare nights I go in to cover them up and they're both curled up together in the one bed.

Robin

My kids started in separate rooms and then we would find that DD would climb into DS's room in the middle of the night so we moved them into the same room about 6 months ago and it has been fantastic. The only issue i have come across is they both still have a sleep in the afternoon and sometimes i have to put one on my bed as they want to play rather than sleeping, but other than that its great.
MY older 2 boys share and have done since DS#3 came along. My boys were 9 and 4 when they started sharing and will until DS#3 goes into a bed, then ds#1 will have his own room and ds#3 will share with his brother.

My eldest (now 11) is ready to have some privacy with his own room but I am not ready for ds#3 to move out of the cot into a bed. Maybe another 6-12 months.

My boys swap beds sometimes and it is still a novelty after 2 1/2 years.

I think it is great while they are young but a time will come that they need/want their own room if they can. We have just completed renos and added an activity room that will become someone's bedroom when they are much older. If all 4 of my kids are still home when that time comes they will eventually have their own rooms.

I am having the same dilemma... when this bub is too big for the bassinette, we will either have to put he/she into the portacot in our room (big cot wont fit) or into the big cot in DD's room. who will be about 2 by then (DD will be 20mths or so when bub comes)

not sure how she would go or if D? will be safe LOL or a target for toys of some sort. Also, DD is a light sleeper and not too sure about D? waking her through the night. I guess we will find out the hard way. Hope it works for you smile

Beginning my work from home adventure

my girls share, I have 3 girls and a 3 bedroom house, my first 2 started sharing when they were 2 and 4 and it worked out well, now they are 7 and 5 and my baby is 2, now the middle and youngest share and have been since they were 1 and 4 and my miss 7 has her own room now, the 2 youngest like sharing and the oldest thinks she is a teenager already so likes her own space.

growing up I always had my own room and loved it, ideally sometime int eh future I would like my girls to all have their own rooms especially coming into the teenage years
I moved the boys in together so I could use DS1s room as a daycare room. It is going really well, I plan on keeping them in together until either DS1 starts high school, or they start to complain or not get along.
Hi,

Our DD's (nearly 4yrs, and 5 yrs) share a room. They LOVE it! Used to sleep in seperate rooms, but we always found our youngest sneaking into see her big sis.

Works really well for us (esp because we a planning number 3, and only have 3 bedrooms)

Good luck with the move if you decide to make it!

grin
Sign in to follow this topic