Huggies Forum

Separation anxiety Rss

I am asking this on behalf of a friend of mine. Her daughter is 4 years old and recently has been suffering severe separation anxiety. This has happened on an off since she was a baby. Recently it has happened more severly. She now cries whenever her mother takes her to creche and wouldn't even go to her favourite granny the other day.

Has anyone else experienced this? What are possible causes? Is there anything that can be done or should she just carry on as usual and hope that it goes away?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

First time mom - due 28/10/2006

hi brono

My DD is nearly 2 and hates when im not in sight,whether im just outside or toilet,she lets me go out but she has to wave but thats only after a small hoo haa.she will only stay with one of my friends or DH or her big brother but thats at daytime only.two weeks ago i had to spend the night in hospital with her little brother and all she did was ask for me,ive been told that around 4 that she should start to mallo out,i have thought about putting her into daycare for 2 days a week ,but i just cant bring myself to do it .
sorry that i was no help

chris wa 1yr, 2yrs 14 yr

Sign in to follow this topic