Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Older Siblings
  5. 3 year old not really a toddler anymore need advise on T/T etc

3 year old not really a toddler anymore need advise on T/T etc Lock Rss

Hi I have a 3 year old son and hes to old for the toddler posts so I thought put it hear. I cant get him to drink milk anymore, he hardley eats wont eat fruit or vegeies or meat. but the main think I though some might be able to help with with is night Toilet training is he to young. he still has a really wet nappy in the mornings but I struggle every night to get one on him and wondering how I can start trying to get that dry nappy in the morning. last night tried pulls ups and we woke at 5am this mroning they were wet and so was his PJs. I dont want to have this problem. any tips on 3 yrs olds welcome. or others can tell me there experiences would be great. can even e-mail or MSN chat to [email protected]

Maree NSW, Oscar 5 yrs and Anton 2yr

Hi, I have a 3 yr old son as well. I tried pull ups at night but I also found them useless. Have you looked into those drynites pants. If your son is a big 3 yr old he might fit into the smallest size even though they are made for bit older kids. It could be worth a try if you can't convince him to wear a nappy.

Sallyann, 3yrs, 20mth + 1 on the way

hi my son is 6 1/2 now and i have two girls i found boys to be harder to toilet train than girls but he was out of day nappies by 2 and out of night nappies by 2 1/2 all i did was at nigth he had his last drink at about 5 and i put him to bed with no nappy if i could wake him i would take him to the toilet before i went to bed it took about a week some nigths he wet the bed but within that week he leant to get up or call if he had to go
and not eatting vegeies we got the kids to help us make a vegeie patch and that did help
Hi myrtle,
I'm afraid I'm not much help on the toilet training front my son is 3 1/4 and TT is the bain of my existence right now. As far as veges go we discovered that he will eat baked veges no worries at all and if we have mashed ect his dad will sit next to him and tell him he needs to have X mouthfuls of veges and counts with him, usually imitating the count off sesame street. Our son thinks this is so funny he woofs the spoonfuls down just to see dad act silly. Meat he is really fussy we tend to have sausages a fair bit as he likes them but you could try some different sauces ect to see if that helps. Our son loves good old basic gravox and that seems to help but it seems to depend largely on how co-operative we are on the day.
Take care.
Sign in to follow this topic