Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Older Siblings
  5. Still in a cot at 3 !!!! Goodness me !!!

Still in a cot at 3 !!!! Goodness me !!! Lock Rss

I know, for all who are reading this, you are in shock.....

I've got my three year old in a routine and she loves her cot (she was 9 weeks premi so lasted ina basinet for 7 months and still quite small for her age so the cot is still quite big)
We now have a 4 week old son, who our 3 yo adores. He was full term, so will only last a few months in the basinett.

My question is...... How do i get my 3yo into a bed and my 4 wo into her cot without any resentment on her behalf?

Thanx
Hi there,
Have you tried your dd in a bed before? My friend had a similar situation like you ( but not premi baby) her dd at 2.5 still in a cot. Her mummy took her out on a special shopping trip and they chose a little bed and the whole attire, sheets quilt case pillows etc in her fave theme.! I thought it was a great idea and you know what it worked first night cos she felt like such a big girl! It has been about a month now for her and shes doing fine.
My dd is 18 mths and is still in a cot with all rails still up just last nigth i was thinking about how long she would sleep in it. Ive never even thought about moving her any time soon.
I hope this helps

Tania, Sydney, 22 mth baby girl

hi there ive got my 3 yrs old boy still in a cot and am not geting a bed for him till next year he love his cot at least you know where there are my daughter 5 yrs old and get up at night and walk around the house goes in the fridge get a drink get food sits on the lounge never ends with kids let me know how you go lisa
my youngest son who will be 4 on wed only got a bed in june so dont worry about it all my boys were over 3 when they moved into a big bed

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic