Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Families with Multiples - Pregnancy & Parenting
  5. How many weeks do you get to with Twins and Triplets, or Quads....?

How many weeks do you get to with Twins and Triplets, or Quads....? Rss

Although this time round I am only having one again, there has been lots of talk of twins lately and I have a few questions that I would like answered.

* How weeks did you get to with your twins (or triplets, or quads)?

* Did you go naturally or were you induced?

* Vaginal Birth or C Section?

* Do they ever let you go naturally?

Thanks ladies, I have always wondered and would love to hear your experiences.

Is OVER rude people

Hi, I'm a twin mum.
I dreamed of having a natural birth of my twin babies. Doctors/midwifes advised me hopefully would be a natural birth. But because of my build and height I'd be induced at 36-38weeks if nothing happening by then. I was happy with that.
Cutting a long story short, spontanious labour happened at 27 weeks. First born breech natural, second breech ceaser.
Now both healthy happy one year olds.

I'm a twin mum too!!!!!

I was told c-section was only an option if there was a medical reason for one (lead twin breech, babies laying transverse, etc). I was induced at 37wks and the boys were born by emergency c-section the following morning. I was induced due to the onset of pre-eclampsia and had the c-sec because of failure to progress (9cms for more then one hr I think it was ) plus my lead twin had become stuck. This was my first pregnancy.
With twins there really isn't any reason you can't "go natural" labour and birth wise. Its encouraged in NZ, the less medical intervention the better!! I know of plenty of women who have had twins naturally (both onset of labour and birth) some in a short period of time and without pain relief too. ( my SIL also has twins, hers arrived after 3 hr labour no drugs)
With higher order multiples (triplets etc)I think because the risk increases with every additional baby, they only do c-sections.

First set

* How weeks did you get to with your twins? 34 weeks

* Did you go naturally or were you induced? Naturally

* Vaginal Birth or C Section? Vaginal, both head down, no drugs

* Do they ever let you go naturally? Yes

Second set

* How weeks did you get to with your twins? 38 weeks

* Did you go naturally or were you induced? Induced

* Vaginal Birth or C Section? Vaginal, no drugs & both babies were breech

1: twins 36 weeks
2:neither. was a planned ceaser @ 38 weeks.(previous ceaser)
3: emergency ceaser @ 36 weeks due to pre-eclmapsia

4 year old boy and twin boys (16/12)

How weeks did you get to with your twins (or triplets, or quads)? I had b/g twins at 37weeks+1day

* Did you go naturally or were you induced? naturally

* Vaginal Birth or C Section? Vaginal birth no drugs.

Hi

had my twins at 28 weeks
went naturally
emergengy c-section
wouldn;t let me go naturally as so prem
Both doing well andf 15 months of age and cheek as now
* How weeks did you get to with your twins (or triplets, or quads)? 35 + 6

* Did you go naturally or were you induced? naturally

* Vaginal Birth or C Section? Vaginal birth, first head down second born footling breech

* Do they ever let you go naturally? yup, i was booked in to be induced on the 28th of Dec because twin 2 stopped growing but went into labour naturally on xmas morning

Hi there, I am new here and enjoying reading all these different multiple stories....Here's mine...

How weeks did you get to with your twins (or triplets, or quads)? 34 + 4

* Did you go naturally or were you induced? Neither
* Vaginal Birth or C Section? Planned C Section - both were head down, but twin 1 had reduced growth at the 31 and 32 week scan, so the doctors decided to get them out asap. A C section was the lowest risk to both of them being prems, and DH and I were absolutely fine with that. We just wanted 2 healthy babies!
* Do they ever let you go naturally? I am sure they do, I went private and always had the option. Although I have 3 friends who have all had twins this year, and they all had c-sections.

Hi there, I am new here and enjoying reading all these different multiple stories....Here's mine...

How weeks did you get to with your twins (or triplets, or quads)? 34 + 4

* Did you go naturally or were you induced? Neither
* Vaginal Birth or C Section? Planned C Section - both were head down, but twin 1 had reduced growth at the 33 and 34 week scan, so the doctors decided to get them out asap. A C section was the lowest risk to both of them being prems, and DH and I were absolutely fine with that. We just wanted 2 healthy babies!
* Do they ever let you go naturally? I am sure they do, I went private and always had the option. Although I have 3 friends who have all had twins this year, and they all had c-sections.

I was induced at 39 weeks.
Natural delivery, drug free.
Both head first
It depends on the hospital you go to, my hospital classed full term as 38 weeks for twins, but alot of hospitals class it as 37 weeks. They do scans all the time and will induce if the babies are best out rather than in due to placenta problems.

They thought I had issues with my twins but I really didn't the scan weights were just wrong.

So due to the scan I was induced at 37weeks 5 days (and secretly relieved as I got to get my girls looked after).

Delivered by VB, no epidural, although it is highly recommended incase of emergency C/S or if they need to stick and arm in to turn the baby.

I have only meet one other lady that was able to do natural labour for her twins all others have been c/s due to being breech.

Weights were 7pounds 1.5 and 6pounds 7.5.

How time flies!!

Sign in to follow this topic