Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Back to work - HELP!! Lock Rss

Hi,

I am returning to full time work in a months time - I've talked to my boss and he wants to keep the girl thats filling in for me on, he said that they will be opening up another position and pretty much saying I will be doing that... and he said we have to leave a position open for you but it doesnt have to be the position you were in (for 5 years) ...IS THIS TRUE?? Please help - as I thought the whole point in the extended parental leave was so I could take a year off to be with my baby and then return to my normal job! I need help so I can back my self up when he trys to tell me this again. What department can I ring to ask these questions?

Thanks heaps
p.s im in NZ
Do you have a workers union you can ring and ask? Depends on what job you do, private or public empolyer and how long you've been off. Probably Dept of workplace relations might be able to point you in the right direction.

Hi,

I am returning to full time work in a months time - I've talked to my boss and he wants to keep the girl thats filling in for me on, he said that they will be opening up another position and pretty much saying I will be doing that... and he said we have to leave a position open for you but it doesnt have to be the position you were in (for 5 years) ...IS THIS TRUE?? Please help - as I thought the whole point in the extended parental leave was so I could take a year off to be with my baby and then return to my normal job! I need help so I can back my self up when he trys to tell me this again. What department can I ring to ask these questions?

Thanks heaps
p.s im in NZ

I was under the belief that it had to be the same job that you left. Is it a bigger company? DO they have a HR department that you can ring and ask? Otherwise maybe a worplace relations centre(not sure if they have them in NZ)
Hi
My letter from work said that they will try and return me to the role that I was in when I left but in the event it was not possible then they would find or create a job for me within the organisation that utilised my skills.

I work in a large company and had to sign a maternity leave letter.

Are they giving you a job similar to your previous one?
They dont have to give you your old job back if it is made redundant. But they cant give you some other job if your old job is up for grabs.
I've always been under the impression that as long as you return by the agreed time, they have to have your position ready for you when you come back. The person who is filling in for you should have been made aware when they took the job they were only filling in and if your boss doesnt want him/her to leave they better just find them a new position.

As a pp said, if you have a union speak to them, i could be wrong.
Sign in to follow this topic