Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Managing Your Family's Budget

Managing Your Family's Budget

Huggies_Moderator

About This Forum Lock

I think most of us would agree that having kids is the best thing we have ever done … but there i...

New no replies Be the first to reply »

For anyone with a mortgage Lock

If you don't mind me asking how much are your mortgage repayments per month? Do you consider it ...

16 replies

Candym84 wrote: oh dear... ours is, or will be just under $3000 per month, which I have decided after reading everyone elses posts i...

kellie m

Has anyone applied for a personal loan lately or does anyone have bank knowledge?? Lock

My husband and I have some debts that I want to consolidate into one payment to make it easier to...

5 replies

I am from Australia. I have been applying for a loan for the past 6 months and nothing came out but finally i thank God that i was a...

Stellajfrencham

Helping families and finding help for your family Lock

Advice for economically disadvantaged families

1 reply

Hello everyone! Thought it might be a good idea for all of us to share some advice and experience that can help people get through d...

KK229B

Online grocery shopping Lock

Hi All With 2 little ones & being back at work now I have finally given in & decided that online...

4 replies

If you are looking to buy huggies and pampers via online in Patna location, then zhakaash.com is one of best. It is one of recently ...

Mickstar

Jobs while pregnant! Lock

Does anyone know of any jobs around Adelaide that would hire even though I'm pregnant? I&#...

6 replies

Just didactic search on Seek under temp jobs and a couple of pages came up for Adelaide. Few payroll etc. depends on what skills yo...

Staceyd28

Paid parental leave Lock

Hi all, I'm really confused about payments after bub is due. My partner earns approx 60000 ...

5 replies

This a very difficult question as there is always unfair in life. I think you can talk with your partner with that if your work is e...

cheerful

Around how much are your weekly/ monthly expenses Single mother with first child? Lock

Hi, How much are your general weekly / monthly expenses single mothers with first child? My chi...

Sarah_2011

Childcare rebate for 2nd child Lock

Hi - I have a very common question: 1 child is already at daycare and we are already receiving th...

2 replies

Thanks, GreenLady. Do you know which form I need to complete? The only form I can find online and on the website are the full "...

knockonwood

Bosch v Westinghouse fridge/freezer Lock

Good and bad things about both please ..... GO!

1 reply

We have a Westinghouse fridge. We have had it about 3years now. No issues with it. I am hoping it last just as long as our previous ...

MissMagenta

Is there any such thing as a non scam online job? Lock

I'm looking for anything I can right now as my town is seriously lacking in the employment f...

1 reply

would like to know that too! always here that people work from home but never know where for!

knockonwood

Wooden bar stools Lock

Any one have wooden ones? Sick of my leather ones tearing at the seems etc so wondering about wea...

1 reply

My parents have them, they are great. They weren't cheap, but they have had them for years and they haven't ever had an is...

knockonwood

What are your "go to" meals to cook for the freezer? Lock

Need some new ideas. I always do fried rice, curried sausages, satay chicken & rice, chow me...

9 replies

In my freezer I have: Lasagne Cottage pie Sausage pie Chicken pasta Sausage pasta Chicken & ham pie Mexican mince Tomato soup P...

knockonwood

Tips for buying a new fridge/freezer please Lock

OK, so we're definately going to buy one within the next couple of months. At this stage I&...

1 reply

I have an upside down Westinghouse fridge/freezer and I love it!! I've had it for about 4 years and I've never had any pro...

two blondies

Car loan on parenting payment? Lock

This is a real long shot but does anyone know where you can get finance for a car (up to $8000) ...

16 replies

Look out for lenders that will rollover any finance charges automatically. This makes it impossible to pay off the loan since what y...

knockonwood

Tax return not in bank account yet??? Lock

So I received my tax return in the mail on Tuesday, it was also dated that Tuesday, but hasn'...

5 replies

Sometimes it takes a few days for your tax return to hit your bank account depending on your bank. It would be unusual for you to re...

Chickadee peanut

Paid leave Lock

Hi, not sure this is the correct area to post. But we are trying for a family and we On a fact fi...

My*2*Boys

work from home-paid survey sites Lock

Hi everyone i am posting this here as i dont know where else,has anyone tried any of the paid sur...

2 replies

I was with myopinions.com.au and after spending months doing the odd survey here and there I got a whooping $20... Biggest waste of ...

knockonwood

Buying hair clippers for men Lock

DH is going bald so has decided instead of having to get his haircut every second week, we want t...

1 reply

I am a barber and have to second the wahl clippers you can also get a smaller pair of wahl trimmers that has smaller blades and cuts...

knockonwood

Water bill in credit .... wahoo!!! Lock

You know that sinking feeling you have when you pull a bill out of your mailbox and you feel sick...

PrettyLittlePearl

Centrelink/assistance Lock

Just trying to work out our budget for when baby arrives. Wondering if anyone knows what assis...

16 replies

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/servic... It's a once a year payment to help offset carbon price increases etc (it&#x...

*StikkiBikki*

Decisions Decisions.. Lock

So dp and i have been talking to our mortgage broker about getting a home loan and the one thing ...

5 replies

*StikkiBikki* wrote: Thank you, i assumed the mortgage broker had looked into the welcome home loan but i better check as that sound...

knockonwood

Is it easy to set up a paypal account? Lock

I've listed some things on Gumtree for sale and my first response has asked me if I have a p...

1 reply

You have to pay a small fee when someone pays you. I'm not a fan- had a bad experience involving PayPal... But hundreds of peop...

knockonwood

Newstart and tax return? Lock

DH has been on newstart for a few months of this so I'm just wondering does he get a group c...

2 replies

I thought newstart was a taxable income so I'd double check that, because when I was on it I would've had to pay tax if th...

knockonwood

Ford Focus - anyone have one? Lock

Another possiblity for our 2nd car. Do these have restraint anchor points in both sedan and hatc...

6 replies

Thanks everyone. I think we're leaning towards the Focus now that I know they have anchor points - big relief

knockonwood

Mitsibishi Lancer - who has one? Lock

This is one of our choices for 2nd car, probably a 2010/11/12 model. Any good and bad points? D...

5 replies

Thanks for the replies ladies. Basically it's a toss up between Lancer and Ford Focus at the moment. Both are around the same...

Nicholehonatana

Who provides really good healthcare insurance for a great price but also good value? Thanks Lock

Hi Our family are wanting some advise on healthcare insurance providers. We live in Perth are f...

1 reply

This is a real tricky one as it depends on why you want insurance and what you want to be covered for. I would start hear http://www...

Mo0

Financial Support for bubs first year Lock

I was just wondering if there is any other financial support you can get in NZ while on maternity...

2 replies

oh yea i cant get that as i will be getting paid parental leave