Huggies Forum

$75 per week to feed the family Lock Rss

who saw this on aca?I am going to get the book

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

no i didnt. whats it called and where do you get it
i feed my family on about that i buy all my meat and chicken in bulk, buy things like carrots and potatos in bulk at the markets
its called how the feed your family for $75 by Cynthia Mayne availble at newsagents &online google it and you will see it + some sample menus and its just supermarket food not bulk buy so can save more by getting specials bulk buy etc.I am definatley going to get it and save some $$
[Edited on 28/04/2009]

im going to have a look today and see if i can get it. i was just talking to dh the other day saying we need to start cooking different things. i dont eat vegies at all really but i have to if i want rhylie too. plus im sick of the same foods.
I had a good look at the site and saw that you can get the original book and the new one for $20+ p &h. might see if our p&c wants to do it as a fundraiser as it mentioned that too

wish i had a CC to get things on online. but oh well, ill just have a look in the shops
u dont need a CC. ur bank should do a vusa debit. thats what i have. u put your own money on it and its a normal savings/credit account!

i always find with those books that the searving size is small and we all run bsack and forth for bread milk fruit and veg! so always spend more! but i suppose worth a go.

yes - get a visa debit. saves on EFT-POS fees too.

http://www.feedyourfamily.com.au/

there ya go <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>]
There's a full list of all the shops and newsagents where you can buy the book on the site too if you don't have a CC....I'm heading down the road later to grab one myself.

Any savings we can make these days all add up and with another mouth to feed soon, we're going to need the extra $$$$ LOL

HeartKids show courage, strength & tenacity

I will get a copy today, biut i will give it a crack, we have our own chooks and vegies buy meat in bulk and i am not so sure i could feed 9 people on $75 per week, but hey i might get some ideas.
i found the book at the shops it was $7.95. ill have a read tonight. we really need to try different foods so even if i dont follow the book hopefully ill get some more food ideas and jus bit the bullet and try it, instead of acting like a 5 year old and saying i dont like it and not even try lol.
Sign in to follow this topic