Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

How much is your weekly shopping? Lock Rss

dh and i are struggling to buy everything to feed 2 adults, 2.4 year old and a nearly 10 month old and keep it under $200 (our budget).

this includes nappies for 2 kids etc and all lunches. basically everything as we dont do any further shopping during the week.

thanks. i am trying to see if there is any where i can cut costs.
I spend at least $500 per fortnight at Woolies, then usually about $100 more on top ups and bakery/fruit over the 2 weeks. Though on Saturday just gone our bill was $687 sad That was a bit of Easter and birthday food though, and meat was on special so I bought a bit more than I usually would. Plus they had funny specials ie Huggs wipes 3 for $25. Our bill includes nappies too. But that feeds a family of 5 breakfast lunch and dinner every day.
We spend $120 on groceries a fortnight, includes nappies for 1 and wipes. An extra $40 a fortnight on fruit and vegetables and $50 a month on meat. We eat quite a few meat free dinners though (things like quiche, soups and vegetable pasta bakes) and have tuna at least once a week so we really don't buy much meat at all.

I make extra at dinner for DH to take to work for lunch so I don't need to buy extra lunch stuff. Kids and I usually have a sandwich for lunch, snacks are just fruit, yoghurt, rice cakes, tuna with rice crackers.

Just thought I would add that I make 90% of our stuff from scratch, cakes, biscuits and desserts lol. Shopping at Aldi makes a difference too, I also don't buy anything but fruit and vegetables after doing the main shop because I am an impulse buying and would end up spending more on the little in between shops than I should lol.
our food shopping is bout $100-130 per week, normally its bout 130 with nappies at safeway, but the last 2 weeks including nappies its been 100-110 including nappies at aldi

we have a family of 2 adults and 3 kids and our weekly shop is usually just over or under $200. that includes nappies for 1 child. i then probably spend an extra $50 to $100 on extras during the week. i find its meat that hits the pocket the most. its ridiculous!!

dh and i are struggling to buy everything to feed 2 adults, 2.4 year old and a nearly 10 month old and keep it under $200 (our budget).

this includes nappies for 2 kids etc and all lunches. basically everything as we dont do any further shopping during the week.

thanks. i am trying to see if there is any where i can cut costs.

close to $300 per week, sometimes less, but not often

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Mumto2Ts ~ Do you plan your weekly/fortnightly meals?

I find I am saving a lot of money by planning my meals (fortnightly) which helps to avoid impulse buying of other meats, veges etc.

I spend approx $400 a fortnight. We have DH, myself, DS1 (13yrs), DS2 (3.6yrs) & DS3 (2.6yrs). That includes nappies. DS2 is almost TT so he doesn't use many anymore.

Kathy tongue

We spend about $1200 a month at least, its mental.

I spend at least $45 a week on fruit and veg at the markets (2 adults, 2 kids) and $300 a week on groceries (including all those stops to the local for bread, milk etc).

We dont have a lobster & champagne diet, I think we could save money if we did a meal plan but groceries are so expensive. We try and get homebrand products where we can and I dont buy ready meals. Yesterday I stopped at the shop to get loo paper, some nivea face cream and a couple of things and it was nearly $50... $10 or so on the toilet paper on special (16 pack), $9.44 on the cream, $10 for some chicken fillets... a few salad items and fruit. It just adds up so quickly.
We spend between $220-250 per week on groceries. That feeds 2 adults,14yr old boy, 10 and 11 yr old girls plus our 2yr old. Toddler in nappies still but able to use cheap brand of nappies @ $5 per pack. Our biggest budget blowwer was bottled milk ($30 per week). Toddler drinks toddler formula as she is a fussy eater but the rest of us drink powdered milk. It costs $10 to make 10 litres which is equivalent to 5 x 2 Litres of bottled milk. I always buy products on special and use coupons when available. Buy your produce from local farmers as its usually always cheaper. Get the kids eating more sandwiches and fruits for lunch it you normally spend lots on museli bars etc. Good luck and if you have any ideas too,I'd love to hear them. smile

Mumto2Ts ~ Do you plan your weekly/fortnightly meals?

I find I am saving a lot of money by planning my meals (fortnightly) which helps to avoid impulse buying of other meats, veges etc.

I spend approx $400 a fortnight. We have DH, myself, DS1 (13yrs), DS2 (3.6yrs) & DS3 (2.6yrs). That includes nappies. DS2 is almost TT so he doesn't use many anymore.

Kathy tongue

hi kathy, yep, i do a weekly meal plan and shop to that. i think meat is alot of our bill but even this week, i only bought 2kilos of mince meat and i was still $220!!!. Just on kids (nappies, jars, formula, wipes this week) is just under $100. at least in a few months i can cross formula off the list and i am trying to cross jar food for dd off aswell.

We spend between $220-250 per week on groceries. That feeds 2 adults,14yr old boy, 10 and 11 yr old girls plus our 2yr old. Toddler in nappies still but able to use cheap brand of nappies @ $5 per pack. Our biggest budget blowwer was bottled milk ($30 per week). Toddler drinks toddler formula as she is a fussy eater but the rest of us drink powdered milk. It costs $10 to make 10 litres which is equivalent to 5 x 2 Litres of bottled milk. I always buy products on special and use coupons when available. Buy your produce from local farmers as its usually always cheaper. Get the kids eating more sandwiches and fruits for lunch it you normally spend lots on museli bars etc. Good luck and if you have any ideas too,I'd love to hear them. smile

wow! dh and i are blown away. great job! where do you get coupons from?
our weekly shopping is $100 that for me, DH, DS1 (3 years) and DS2 (17 months) but its not including nappies I have bought enough nappies on special to do us till the boys are out of them I think
Sign in to follow this topic