Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

How much is your weekly shopping? Lock Rss

Aldi may be a German owned company but they employ Australians and...

ALDI supports Australian farmers
Australia is renowned for the quality and freshness of its produce. That's why 100% of our fresh meat, 97% of our dairy products and 95% of our fruit and vegetables in our Australian stores is sourced from Australian farmers++.

ALDI is committed to offering Australian suppliers, large or small, the opportunity to market their products through our global network. It's our way of ensuring we're doing our bit to support Australian industries.

I'd say they help our economy just as much as the other supermarkets, check out where most of their products are from and its not here.

lol...sorry went to have dinner.....im not anti german...im a 1/4 german....lol....i dont shop there because it is not australian owned smile nothing against them.....i just try to support australian companies....

bit harsh to have a go at me tho...lol....it was just my opinion...you dont have to agree with it

bit harsh to judge you? then in future please try to word you posts so that they do not insinuate rascism. My hubby is FULL german, therefore my children are 1/2 and I will not sit and nod and smile at just an opinon that reflects upon their heratige

1 monkey, 1 diva = the love of my life

I do a monthly big shop for groceries, meat, nappies & cleaning products working off a meal plan. This usually costs around $450-$500. I then have fruit & veg & milk delivered weekly - usually about $30 a week. I bake our bread.

This means i only end up going to Coles/Woolies once a month and avoids any impulse buys.

This is for me, DH (who does a lot of training for triathlons so needs to eat a lot of frequent meals) and 18 month old DD.

The other thing I am starting to do is make my own jams and chutneys. Works out heaps cheaper and tastes a whole lot nicer. I only have just started a few weeks ago and made blackberry jam from fresh ones we picked out at DH's grandparents farm. Only cost me $4 for the sugar and apples. I had so much fun doing it and everyone has asked for a jar.

180 a week, we eat most meals at home, but we go out for breakfast once a fortnight, and DD and I have coffee and morning tea out once a week. I could shave heaps off that bill but we eat well and have red meat 3-4times per week.
I also spend more on tinned, frozen and fresh food. I will not buy the homebrand in most of these, if there is a name brand option that is Australian, instead of an imported home brand.
I buy loaves of bread, but make bread for snacky things. Last week I spent $6 on ingerdients, made a kilo of bread dough and made 10 cheesymite scrolls, 6 nutealla scrolls and 8 cheese and bacon rolls.

I buy loaves of bread, but make bread for snacky things. Last week I spent $6 on ingerdients, made a kilo of bread dough and made 10 cheesymite scrolls, 6 nutealla scrolls and 8 cheese and bacon rolls.

$6 cant have bought ALL the ingredients... bread ingredients, vegemite, cheese, nutella and bacon.

Taking into account ALL ingredients is still way cheaper than buying these items but its still not as cheap as $6.
We shop every fortnight. $250 to $300. That's a family of 5 (two adults and three children)
Hi,

I can't believe how some of you manage to keep your groceries under $200. I wish....I don't really put in alot of extras but it still always stays around the $250-$290 mark. This is for a family of 4 where my boys are 3.5 years old and 10 months old. I do spend alot on nappies as my eldest still isn't completely toilet trained yet and the baby is formula fed, but still...

Do the people that manage to keep their grocery bills so low spend alot of money on take away through the week and extra munchies? We hardly eat any.

Tonight my first online grocery shopping order arrives and I did end up spending a bit less. So besides it being a time saver I am hoping its going to be a money saver too smile

Regards Emma
Sign in to follow this topic