Huggies Forum

Chicken pox Rss

Quick question ladies, my niece was here 2 days ago and was feeling unwell... Anyhoo SIL called just now to inform me she has the chicken pox. Sooo would she have been contagious whilst here? Just a little worried about ds2 who has yet too be immunized .. Thanks will check back later
I would say yes!

I'm sure that you are for a few days before you get spots yourself. So if your niece has been diagnosed then she obviously has spots or other signs.

Maybe just give your GP a call and see what they recommend you do!

Hopefully your DS2 will be fine!

She was just genrally unwell the other day. But today she has broken out in the rash/ blisters

She was just genrally unwell the other day. But today she has broken out in the rash/ blisters

The infection is cntagious 1-2 days before spots appear and whilst all spots are visible hope this help

Quick question ladies, my niece was here 2 days ago and was feeling unwell... Anyhoo SIL called just now to inform me she has the chicken pox. Sooo would she have been contagious whilst here? Just a little worried about ds2 who has yet too be immunized .. Thanks will check back later

CP is contagious for 1-2 days BEFORE the spots appear until ALL the spots have crusted over. The incubation period for them, so that's how long it takes for someone to show symptoms from being exposed, is 10-21 days.

There's no guarantee that even if she was contagious that your DS2 will get them; it took DS1 4 known exposures before he finally got them, while DS2 got them at first exposure, but he was only 8 weeks at exposure and 11 weeks when the spots appeared so I reckon that had something to do with it.

How old is your little one? I know my 2 unvaxed kids spent the day playing with their cousins (who had a "cold") which turned out to be chicken pox. 4yr old dd1 had 13 spots that caused no problem at all, 1 year old dd2 didn't get it at all, despite sitting on the laps, sharing drink bottles with 3 separate contagious kids over a period of 2 weeks. Hopefully all will be well. smile

How old is your little one? I know my 2 unvaxed kids spent the day playing with their cousins (who had a "cold") which turned out to be chicken pox. 4yr old dd1 had 13 spots that caused no problem at all, 1 year old dd2 didn't get it at all, despite sitting on the laps, sharing drink bottles with 3 separate contagious kids over a period of 2 weeks. Hopefully all will be well. smile

Ds2 is 12months. Fingers crossed the poor little munchkins don't get it, well this time anyway. I couldn't imagine how they would cope it this heat with chicken pox..! Time will tell hey?!
Sign in to follow this topic