Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Natural Alternatives / Therapies for Your Family

Natural Alternatives / Therapies for Your Family

Huggies_Moderator

New Forum Lock

Hi everyone, We have started up a new forum for those members who are interested in natural the...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Bbel

Aroma Diffuser with multiple function? Lock

Can anyone have used here or know where to buy an aroma diffuser with multiple functions? like an...

Snuffleupagus

Antidepressants Lock

So I've just been out on a low dosage of antidepressants that's ok for breastfeeding. A...

1 reply

takes about 2wks to notice ur feeling a bit brighter. side affects vary-most common is dizziness but faeds after a bit. depends whic...

Sharmain1779

Natural/ organic products!! Just got onto to this site. Hope it helps. X Lock

Hey ladies, I hate the chemicals in products especially now I have my babies. I have been put ont...

Yummy Mummy!

30 Day Eczema Relief Diary Lock

With all my talking and thinking about eczema - one thing I haven't tried is Ethical Nutrients (E...

4 replies

Lexie.22 wrote: Yummy Mummy? just a question, what do you use on your body and face as far as soap goes? I only use Bodyshop shower...

Vanessa H

Naturopath instead of Vacinating Lock

Afternoon ladies!! Does anyone do this? I was just reading in the other thread of someone doing ...

43 replies

Tusia wrote: I come from both sides - naturopathy and conventional medical practice. It saddens me that so many people see these as...

Acupuncture Lock

Can you tell me if you've had acupuncture, do you think its all a mind game? does it really work?...

12 replies

I had acupuncture at 38 weeks onwards to soften the cervix and then during labour to make contractions stronger and more consistant....

Nodrog

Jabbed myself in the gum with toothbrush Lock

So I was being all diligent after going to the dental hygienist and brushing my teeth, well I'm p...

7 replies

After lots of salt water and baking soda rinses the redness in the gums has just about gone! The sore still looks a bit nasty but is...

Forever*a*mum

Homeopathic vaccinations Lock

Just wondering if anybody has used homeopathy as an alternative to vaccination and what your expe...

9 replies

Just wondering if anybody has used homeopathy as an alternative to vaccination and what your experiences have been? I don't know mu...

Samsmum73

Eczema cream Lock

I tried QV which was good but not good enuf to minimise the intense rash on DS's face. I resorted...

1 reply

I too found the cortisones a waste of time, not to mention the long term worry about them I've finally had heaps of success with a ...

Happyfeet

Natural Parenting Lock

Please follow my journey as a natural parent. I love the ideas around attachment parenting and am...

1 reply

will do

Natural Remedies?? Lock

So my DS is allergic to mosquitos I try my hardest to make sure he is either covered from head...

14 replies

Try Gone Bands from makeUwell.com.au they are peppermint infused bands which are like an adjustable hospital ID band, they are DEET ...

Keeli'sMum

Meditation Lock

Hi! I know this is a really random question, but I'd like to know if anyone on here meditates, o...

1 reply

Yes I learnt how when I was younger - our whole family went to a course. Basically you get given a mantra (a word that is meaningles...

myperfect2+1

Bee Stings Lock

Huggies Dr's I need your help! DH was bitten on the neck by a bee at work yesterday! Someone pull...

TKFB35

hayfever natural relief Lock

Hi wondering if anyone can suggest good hayfever relief thats natural as 6mth old is breastfed ...

3 replies

My DS3 had really bad hayfever and continually ended up with croup due to his general overall heath being low. My doctor is big on...

mermaidsx3

natural suncream Lock

just wondering what brand of suncream others use... I use natural instinct but I think it might b...

3 replies

Thats really weird - I use Natural Instinct for my whole family and we have never had a problem with sunburn or blisters - we do put...

bubbles44

naturopaths Lock

i found a good naturopath in melbourne - frankston area his website is www.dwhealth.com.au - he h...

CF76

Immunisation Lock

Is there anyone here who has not had their child immunised? Need some advice on how to handle neg...

5 replies

I dont think it is anybody elses concern but your own regarding vaccines. My kids are vaccinated, however my SIL's arent (mainly due...

kazand steve

falling pregant-accupunture Lock

hi my name is karen and iam just wondering about accupunture to help u fall pregant anyone done...

3 replies

Acupuncture is great for fertility! I was on the pill for 10 years before we decided to try for a baby. I went off the pill for 3 mo...

Natural cold and flu remedies.. Lock

all i do for dd is vaporizer and vicks on the soles of her feet and back and chest and keep her r...

12 replies

I use olive leaf for my little one here is the website you can see what you think - its fantastic and you the bottle lasts for ages ...

Any ideas.... Lock

I'm looking for an alternative to what i use at the moment...i sweat alot, so i use driclor, it w...

2 replies

Hi. I too have the 'sweaty' problem and have recently started using Rexona Clinical for Women. It actually works! Available from pha...

MM2A0B

Mangosteen Juice Lock

I have been using Mangosteen to relief my sons eczema it has healed t in under two weeks. You ca...

2 replies

Thanks to the readers who have given me positive feedback about the site...Please let me know how successful you find the juice. Th...

Naturopath's who deal with infertility??? Lock

Hi girls, Can anyone recommend a Naturopath in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney (or it's surrounds...

Indented Scar Advice Lock

I have a slightly indented scar on my face and don't know what to do about it. Its the indentatio...

1 reply

Rosehip oil is great for healing scars, also vitamin e oil is another good one.

Treatments for Auckland families Lock

Hi there My names Monique and im a stay at home mum to a beautiful little girl Lily who is 9 and...

I asked this in the right spot Lock

but didn't get any replies... I was wondering about vitamins in toddlers. Cohen constantly has bl...

41 replies

I've had black under my eyes for years as well as many onther symptoms, I worked out that I have a gluten and dairy allergy due to c...

milanarai

Osteopathy Lock

Hi I have read the entries about chiropractors and I found that my osteopath is fantastic. I vi...

1 reply

me too... swear by them

MODS I WANT A RESPONSE!!!!!! Lock

I have had enough of being FRUCKING nice. I have been polite and am asking a simple question and ...

Rach311

Question about taking bubs to the chiro Lock

Good morning I took Hannah to the chiro on Thursday and I havent noticed a change at all. How s...

6 replies

i notice that my kids are completely hypedfor the rest of the day but the next day they are calming down and then the day after that...

my day at the chiro Lock

I found the most fantastic chiropractor down here in Brisbane. The last chiropractor i took ashle...

3 replies

My first chiro appointmetn was about 40 minutes long and was great. My chiro spends ages with us every time as we usually have2 or 3...

summit

Chiro for Silent Reflux? Lock

Hi, After reading various posts im considering trying a chiro to deal with my bubs silent reflux!...

1 reply

Not sure if it will work but it works for my children. the best piece of advice i had when looking for a chiropractor was to make su...

skylanlilysmum

antibiotics during pregnancy Lock

Hi all, I have had a pretty nasty cold for the most part of a week. I am 12 weeks pregnant and t...

1 reply

If your doc and pharmicist said it's safe I'm sure you're fine too take them. It's when you are taking strong antibiotics for long p...

Raynaud's Phenonmenon .... Slow Blood Circulation.... Anyone???? Lock

Does anyone have this condition and can offer advice? I am being affected by this in winter but...

3 replies

I suffered from this in my teenage years and even now 10 years later I get that tingling feeling in winter. Stop smoking if you do t...

Would chiro help? Lock

My 3 yr old DD has been complaining of a sore back. It's normally when i ask her to pick up her t...

16 replies

i love going to the chiros. my kids are angels now!! PM ifyou want

*Fruchoc*

Purifying Essence Lock

Just wanted to let others know about a fabulous natural remedy that has changed my DD's life! She...

1 reply

I have just started my DD on Flower Essence, wonder if it is the same sort of thing? SHe is speech and understanding delayed and und...

rainbowgal

alterntaive menstrual products Lock

i just read on another website about cloth pads and solicone cups for AF each month, has anyone t...

2 replies

I haven't read you link sorry but I buy mine online at the clothpadshop.com - I haven't used a cup and have heard varying opinions o...

Acupuncture Lock

Who has had this done and what do you think of it? Does it hurt? I have a realllly sore back an...

6 replies

Acupuncture is fabulous! My step-sister is an acupuncturist so we get free sessions when she comes to SA (can't complain about that!...

mum-to-2-spuds

Supplements? Lock

Hi everyone, Since the birth of DS my whole cycle has gone from "normal" to crazy. We are having ...

2 replies

Im using "natures own vitex 1000" also known as chaste berry/chaste tree berry. Works wonders for me too. good luck!

fish oil for kids Lock

does anyone here give their kids fish oil tablets, and have you noticed an improvement in behavio...

6 replies

we use the efamol brand efalex chewies, they are fish oil and evening primrose oil burstlet type thing, which can be chewed or swall...

Chiro experts Lock

I need your help. I suspect dd2 may have reflux mchn also thinks she does. I have looked up chiro...

15 replies

Just wanted to add, if you don't get any joy from the first one that you see, you can always go to a different one.