Huggies Forum

Weight Loss 2009 Lock Rss

hey there everyone!

i haven't read everyones replies yet as there are so many and DS is going to be up shortly, but i will come back later and read them! i would like join in though!

I have always hovered around 60 to 67kg (and was 67kg when i fell pregnant with DS who is now 7 months). at the end of my pregnancy i weighed 85kg, and once DS was born weighed 80kg. 5 months later i was still that same 80kg, and not happy with that at all! so at the start of november i joined up to weight watchers (i am a lifetime member and it is really the only 'diet' i have ever stuck to for a long period). what i like about ww now though is the choice of 2 different plans (although they have just relaunched, the old 'core' plan where you don't have to count points and measure and weigh food is still in there if you look closely lol!!!

so anyway, since starting ww again in nov, and now doing the 'simply filling' version of the new plan, i feel that i could continue this way of eating for life. it is so easy to follow and i really recommend it to anyone that doesn't have the time or energy to be counting points and weighing food all day!!!

i have lost 4.5kg (although i have put on nearly 1kg in the last week due to having a few days off for xmas and new yr but i am back on track today!!!)

i will look forward to checking in here for motivation!

good luck everyone on your journey!

edited to say that i have lost this 4.5kg without being able to do a lot of exercise - i usually go walking but due to my weight gain i have got a heel spur which i can't walk on too much or it aggravates it and i spend the next 2 days in agony! i have orthotics now so this is getting better, so hopefully i will be able to get out and about walking a bit more! it just shows how good the ww plan is, if i can lose weight with not much exercise so far! not that i am saying that not exercising is good, i am hoping to do more soon lol!!!
[Edited on 02/01/2009]

Well day 1 is over for me. Yay.

I love weight watchers, I have worked out I am able to eat 25 points a day which I did not think would go far but this is what I ate.

Breakfast
45g Sultana Bran
1/2 cup full cream milk

Morning tea
2 plums
1 anzac biscuit

Lunch
small white bread roll (no butter)
1 tin weight watchers baked beans
small 100g banana

afternoon tea
2 plums
160g grapes

snack
30g unsalted roasted peanuts

dinner
130g pork steak
90g rice
lots and lots of vegies
small amount of oil for cooking

dessert
100g low fat ice cream

So I am definately not hungry and it is more than I would normally eat but loads better for you.

I also have done 40 mins on the treadmill and 20 mins on the Wii fit so pretty pleased with myself today.
I know I have a long way to go but I have taken that first step and started.

How did everyone else go today? Did you achieve what you wanted?

[Edited on 02/01/2009]

Hi there everyone...

How funny that i came across this thread coz i have decieded to start my diet today...

i split me my sons dad about 8 months ago and i went on a big life change, i really needed to sort my life out and i wanted to look good for no one else but myself...so i worked really hard and went from about 80 kgs to 62 kgs in around 6 months...and it really wasnt that hard.

However for the past 2 months or so i have been on a few holidays etc and have put 5 kgs back on.

My bestie recently asked me to be her maid of honour and ihave decided that i'm gonna try and get down to about 57 kgs which is what i was before i got pregges...

It's funny [well actually not funny] how fast you can put that weight back on after losing it...and i guess that's my problem...keeping the weight off. You have a couple of bad days and you give up...

The est tip is not to tell any of your family or friends that you are on a diet coz it's like they are watching you to see if you can actually do it and it feels bad if you quit.

Anyways i'll keep everyone updated on my success.
Oh I'm here too! Just like everyone I've put weight on since meeting my DH and having babies. I'm actually less on the scales than I expected at 94kgs but I certainly have gotten flabbier around my belly - and not just at the front like stacks of people I know, all around, so its like a massive muffin (or entire cake!) top some days trying to get into clothes! I'm aiming for 10-15kg to make myself feel better, and we'd like another bub in 2009 and I suspect my weight mightn't help with that.

So I'm trying to be better at eating and I have lots of reasons for why I can't do exercise and that mostly revolves around walking with two kids on a farm and a husband who is at work from 7am until 6pm, who is lacklustre about doing much after work as he's tired, and me trying to get kids back into a bedtime routine after a rediculously busy three weeks. My plan is to walk every morning between when his alarm goes off at 6am and when he goes to work at about 6.50am. I've just got a little issue with my DH having a shoulder reconstruction 6 weeks ago and he can't pick up our youngest from the cot or feed her a bottle properly yet if she wakes up before I get back. So, for the next week or so I'm trying the healthy eating and walks in the arvo (temp forecast to get to 40 on Mon/Tues/Wed so that will test the fitness!) plus we start swimming lessons on Monday, so getting into togs might inspire me some more too!?!

Isobel 19/7/06 Molly 14/2/08 Sam 4/10/09

I would love to join your group!

However baby is coming on tuesday (via C-Section) so i will need some time to recover then ill be really serious.

In the mean time i will concentrate on limiting what goes in my BIG mouth!!!

I know being pregnant makes it hard to say how overweight i am however just before getting pregnant i was 12 kg over my goal weight.

My first goal will be to get back to pre pregnancy weight approx 16kg. Then to loose the next/last 12kg!!!

Amy

hi mum's,

with shake diets you can't go on them if you're BFing. i'm trying to follow the good food pyramid & exercise. is there a diet us BFing mums can go on?
Hi everyone,
It seems we all have the same idea at this time of year. I'm like many of you, put on heaps of weight after having babies!!! My 4th is now 12wks old, my eldest is 4yrs old so there wasn't much time in between for weight loss!! At the moment I feel like a big ol' fat cow!! I'm breastfeeding and "possibly" using that as an excuse not to try and lose weight... but it's time to get serious and if you guys can do it I can too!! I'm 86kgs and I'm only 160cms tall... that equals Obese! I'd like to lose about 35kgs and that should get me to where I'm supposed to be (healthy range). I can't afford to go to the gym and I don't have any excersize machines, so for me I just have to struggle with 4kids on the pram and hope it doesn't collapse... hasn't yet so we're doing well lol.
Good luck everyone!!!!!

boys, boys, boys

Teena im going to crash your thread (a little or a lot?)

So many of us i thought we could make up some sort of progress chart to help everyone stay motivated??

This is what i have so far please add to it with what ever you think would be helpful and motivational!

teenazbc
teena
Total to Loose 35kg
Total lost

Zeeby*N*Chops
Total to Loose 5kg
Total lost

possums
Total to Loose 7kg
Total lost

Heleina and Arielle
Total to Loose
Total lost

danae
danae
Total to Loose 30-35kg
Total lost

Creative Ness
Vanessa
Total to Loose 20kg
Total lost

Princessdaddynme
Total to Loose 10kg
Total lost

NicS83
Total to Loose 5-8kg
Total lost

mandz82
Total to Loose
Total lost

Mumsvan
Total to Loose 20kg
Total lost

louandella
Total to Loose 35kg
Total lost

Lifie 09
Total to Loose 5kg
Total lost

Alley85
Total to Loose 15kg
Total lost

Horsey 13
Total to Loose10-15kg
Total lost

Mum2Harrison
Total to Loose 10kg
Total lost

Lovelygirl+boy
Total to Loose 20-25kg
Total lost

miss mum 07+08
Taneen
Total to Loose 15kg
Total lost

Aiden and Jades mum
Total to Loose 10kg
Total lost

Mummyto3cutties
Total to Loose
Total lost

2long
Belinda
Total to Loose 35kg
Total lost

**Jus**
Justine
Total to Loose
Total lost

mummytowigglywoo"s
Total to Loose 25kg
Total lost

Juddsmum
Total to Loose 7kg
Total lost

Freckles
Total to Loose 10kg
Total lost

Mummy of Sarah
Total to Loose 10-15 kg
Total lost

Cath 123
Total to Loose
Total lost

ashkat""s mum
Alissa
Total to Loose 5kg
Total lost

laurenjoh
Total to Loose
Total lost

kerry5
Total to Loose 10kg
Total lost

*lildilberry*
Total to Loose
Total lost

mum<3sJosh
Total to Loose
Total lost

My*LiL*x
Total to Loose 10
Total lost

Isobel""s mum
Total to Loose 10-15
Total lost

--ACE--
Amy
Total to Loose 28
Total lost

hi amy, i think thats a good idea. i'm shez (sherryn), 26 and have 1 ds who is 28 months. i only gained 4 kgs while preg but since having ds have gained about 5 kgs.

i am currently 77kgs and would like to loose 20 (dreaming i know), my first aim is 10 kgs within 3 months and am going to go walking, do aqua aerobics, play my wii fit and also eat better.

i have bought a diary and have written in it what i ate for the day and what exercise i done.

i done the kate morgan shakes last year for a few weeks and lost about 4 kgs in 3 weeks but put it back on as quick as i lost it.

i am going to have breakfast, a shake for lunch and a meal for dinner, with friut and nuts in between

hope everyone else stays strong and can keep me motivated, its a hard job i can tell you that now

anyways i'm off to bed

shez

Hi Ladies, if any one is still bfing please make sure the diets/shakes etc you are going to use are suitable for breastfeeding! (i'm sure you will).

I think it was on DR phil i saw it, but i heard someone say once that all diets fail, a lifestlye change is what you want!!! A real simple equation for weight loss is more energy used than energy consumed!!! A weight loss rate of a pound a week is a good aim. (about 500g) I've heard of peope who lose the weight too quick are more likely to put it back on, and I vaguley remember hearing that there is a suspected link between rapid weight loss and gall stone problems.

My plan is to eat based on the 5 food groups and the healthy diet pyramid and to do exercise, I've decided not to do a diet or shakes because i cannot maintain them forever and i'd just feel guilty if i broke it smile

This wasnt at all intended to discourage anyone, more to encourage you too see wieght loss and then healthy weight maintenance as your long term goal.

Arggggg day one went very badly for me! A bit of exercise and an okay dinner but my evil mum decided she wanted to spend the day with us and cooked cupcakes, cookies, brownies and trifle.
Oh no princessdaddynme, that is evil. Remember today is a new day.

Ace that is a great idea. Would you like me to put it in the first post at all?

I am so glad that more of you have come and joined us. I am feeling really motivated. Now that I have told someone I want to loose weight I feel I have to now.

My partner has now joined me on the weight loss journey. He does not need to loose much but a few kilos wouldnt hurt and he definately wants to be much fitter before footy season begins.

Well day 2 for me, yay, I am sure I will be fine over the weekend. Monday will come my biggest challange with work starting again, but I am sure I will find away to make it work.

Have a great day everyone.

Sign in to follow this topic