Huggies Forum

Period like pains?!?! Lock Rss

Hi ladies.
I have a roughly 35 day cycle. I usually get pains around the time I ovulate (lasts a few days) but for my last 2 cycles the pain has been continuing for the 2 weeks til I get my period and I've also been getting sore boobs. It can get quite uncomfortable at times and other times quite dull.

Sore boobs I'm not concerned about, I'm thinking I'm just paying more attention to it as we are TTC but I'm concerned the period like pain could be something more?! Endometriosis?

Hi ladies.
I have a roughly 35 day cycle. I usually get pains around the time I ovulate (lasts a few days) but for my last 2 cycles the pain has been continuing for the 2 weeks til I get my period and I've also been getting sore boobs. It can get quite uncomfortable at times and other times quite dull.

Sore boobs I'm not concerned about, I'm thinking I'm just paying more attention to it as we are TTC but I'm concerned the period like pain could be something more?! Endometriosis?

It could be a cyst? Cysts can also give pregnancy like symptoms aswell.

3 Little Ones to Love.....

Hi

I have endo, have done for 25 years. I wouldn't think endo, as you would have been experiencing pain on and off for a while, not just with the last 2 cycles.

Doesn't mean it isn't, but I would say unlikely.

Cyst is more probable.

However, if you are experiencing unusual pain for your cycles & you are TTC, I'd make a Drs appt to get a proper diagnosis.

All the best & hope TTC turns into I'm Pregnant soon for you.
This sounds similar to what i used to have.
Its a condition called Mittleschmertz and its cysts on the fallopian tubes and maybe overies and when your overies drop an egg it can rupture the cysts, causing discomfort and pain.
Its always the 2 weeks in between your period and feels alot like period pain.
Mine was quite severe and used to last for a week, with me vomiting and not being able to move due to pain. PLus it greatly reduced my chance of falling pregnant due to tube scarring.
Look it up on the internet if you want but definately go talk to the doctor about and get an ultrasound to check for cysts.
Fingers crossed for you its not!
xxxxx
Sign in to follow this topic