Huggies Forum

Weightloss success stories Lock Rss

Ok ladies let's hear those awesome weightloss success stories...

How much did you lose and how did you do it???

I cannot wait until I can get back into my exercise after bub is born, I have a bit to lose (about 25kg's), but I am so determined and I don't think there is any better motivation than real life success stories from mummies wink

DS2 is 3months old and im back to my pre pregnancy weight although I didnt have much to loose (11kg) I think the breast feeding has helped because im forced to drink LOTS of water and eat really well as DS2 gets the runs when i eat most fatty foods or foods that are high in sugar. Im abit of a gym junkie though so do try to go at LEAST 3 times a week.

With DS1 I lost nothing because I did nothing, I ate really bad and did hardly any excersize and took me almost a year and a half to loose the weight eekk.

I think as long as you drink plenty of water and eat well and do some form of excersize even if its around the house. Soemtimes when I dont get to the gym ill just to a little circuit in the lounge like

10 squats
10 push ups
10 sit ups

and do this 3 times than im done, takes me 10min but at least its something

After DD1 I lost 50kg and have kept it off every lost the weight I gain with DD2 which was about 15kg. lots of walking and pushing the pram. eating smaller portions (I still eat sweets just less of them)

After DD1 I lost 50kg and have kept it off every lost the weight I gain with DD2 which was about 15kg. lots of walking and pushing the pram. eating smaller portions (I still eat sweets just less of them)

oh my god that's awesome!!!!!

Do you mind me asking how (like did you use shakes etc) and how long it took?

oh my god that's awesome!!!!!

Do you mind me asking how (like did you use shakes etc) and how long it took?

no shake or diet plans could not afford them

it took 18 months to lose it all but it has been worth it.

no shake or diet plans could not afford them

it took 18 months to lose it all but it has been worth it.

WOW....that is fantastic, well done

I don't plan to use any "diet plans" either, just smaller meals, much less fat and lots of exercise!!! I have done it before (albeit without a baby lol) and I can do it again...

Size 12 here I come!!!!!!!

I had close to 30kg to loose after DS. It took me 5-6months to lose the first 25, and the last 5 took a few more months. I also didnt really have a diet plan, just stuck to the rule of no carbs after 3pm, and also eat 5 small meals a day and pleanty of water. Exercise was my hardest thing, i am the laziest person in the world.
they always say the last 5 are the hardest to lose, I wonder if you need to lose 20kgs but convince yourself your goal is 25 will you reach your 20kg goal faster?? smile

they always say the last 5 are the hardest to lose, I wonder if you need to lose 20kgs but convince yourself your goal is 25 will you reach your 20kg goal faster?? smile

Will definately try that next time!!
Hi

I am just starting my weightloss journey, After having 3 babys in 3.5 years, I have a huge 34kg to loose. I have been recently diagnosed with glucose intolerance and its a big wake up call to get the weight off.

Im about to go to the gym for my first session this morning and i can take the kids with me because they have a creche.

I have that not so lovely double tummy from 3 emergency c sections, i think i thought after loosing 7 kg after baby number 3 that the weight would just fall off. But now i know its going to take hard work and more hard work.

I have taken my tummy photo to remind myself what i don't want to look like again.

Best of luck

Kelly

Hi

I am just starting my weightloss journey, After having 3 babys in 3.5 years, I have a huge 34kg to loose. I have been recently diagnosed with glucose intolerance and its a big wake up call to get the weight off.

I have insulin resistance (which is what causes glucose intolerance) and I have been started on a tablet which is for diabetes called Metformin XR, this tablet helps the insulin that your body makes work better, it will not cause hypo's

One of the good side effects from this tablet is weightloss, I have lost 5kg in 10wks as a result of this tablet (and watching what I eat a bit more closely!!) Would be worth asking your Dr about it, but make sure they give you the XR not the regular as it has less side effects (diarrhoea etc).

I do not have diabetes, only insulin resistance

Has worked for me

I did the Atkins diet for a month and lost 4kg... nice steady 1kg a week... but I felt pretty ordinary so I stopped that.

Then I just started walking. A lot. I lost 10kg in a month. And it stayed off till I got pregnant. I didn't hugely modify my diet (although was sensible), but I am a firm advocate for walking as a weight loss method!!!!
Sign in to follow this topic