Huggies Forum

FOOD!!! Lock Rss

I am trying to eat healthy but Im stuck cooking the same food because thats what I know.
I am BORED of eating the same foods!

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!
What have you eaten that is healthy today
brecky lunch and dinner and what do you plan on eating for the next brecky lunch and dinner
What can I cook, make, EAT that is low in fat and sugar?
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!! IM HUNGRY

I sometimes just do a large tray of roast veg in the oven, it may be boring for you but this is something I often crave smile

I am trying to eat healthy but Im stuck cooking the same food because thats what I know.
I am BORED of eating the same foods!

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!
What have you eaten that is healthy today
brecky lunch and dinner and what do you plan on eating for the next brecky lunch and dinner
What can I cook, make, EAT that is low in fat and sugar?
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!! IM HUNGRY

Hi, we actually eat quite a lot of stir frys, salads and steamed vegies with meat for dinner, if I'm doing mashed potato I'll add a bit of pumpkin or sweet potato to it lower the GI a bit, also with my baked vegies when we have roasts, I put a little bit of oil in a plastic bag, add vegies to that then roast on a tray lined with baking paper, the vegies really crisp up plus you can add some seasoning to the bag to add a bit of extra flavour. Lunches I'm afraid are usually whatever I have thats easy but I love salad wraps, for some reason it just tastes better on a wrap then on bread lol. With breakfast I'm not much of a cereal fan but I do love the Uncle Toby's Apple, Sultana & Cinnamon porridge, its really yummy, otherwise breakfast is usually toast with vegimite lol.

I've found that if I eat foods that are low gi I end up eating less.

Also have you had a look at the Recipes + magazine, most months its full of easy low fat meals that are pretty easy to make and if you live in a small town like me you can usually get the ingredients.

Robin

I started a similar thread last night,im in a similar boat.

Breakfast is oats or omelette,

Lunch baked beans with a baked potato,some sort of wrap,if no egg for brekkie,egg on toast

Dinner,Meat and veg or salad and veg BORING lol

I love stirfrys RobinS but what sauce do you use as i dont do it as all the yummy store bought ones are not so good for you havent looked in a while though.Do you make your own?

Snacks,Air popped pop corn,crackers and salsa,sultannas.

I love stirfrys RobinS but what sauce do you use as i dont do it as all the yummy store bought ones are not so good for you havent looked in a while though.Do you make your own?

Sometimes, I usually use a basic mix of Soy Sauce, Honey, Garlic, Ginger & Sweet Chilli sauce to taste - I can't give you measurements unfortunately cause I just throw it all in and then taste as I go, I then marinade the meat in the sauce for a couple of hours before cooking, I then stir fry vegies, pull them out cook meat in batches & then add the vegies back in to reheat and coat in sauce. My mum tells me its really easy to make your own sweet & sour but I haven't been game enough to give it a go yet lol, I can get the recipe of her but and add it if you like. Mum's on a pretty big health kick at the moment so I presume the recipe she's using is reasonably healthy. I know she just coats the meat in cornflour and stir fries it in a minimum amount of oil.

Robin

Thanks guys
roast vegetables = yum - I guess because they taste so good I forgot they were healthy lol

are egg noodles fattening? I might make a stir fry tonight
we used to eat them all the time but for some reason I havnt cooked one in ages

I had 2 poached eggs on asparagus for brecky with a little lemon juice for flavour which was good but I cant eat that every day with the price of asparagus..

So we have roast vegetables, stir frys, omelette [do you use the yolks and how many eggs?] , wraps, I know baked beans are good for you but are they fattening? i love them with cornchips, in the wraps do you have meat?
hrmm...off to the shop later today to do some creative shopping!!

Breakfasts;

3/4 cup Just Right + 1/4 cup All Bran

1 cup Cornflakes with sliced banana and/or Strawberries on top

1 cup of Nutri Grain

Every 2nd day, i have a poached egg on toast. One day a week, usually a weekend if hubby is here, we have bacon to that aswell. 2 short cut peices. Or he will make us an omelette, i have 1 egg, ham,cheese,capsicum.

Lunch;
Mountain Bread, spread with hommus, chopped up snow pea sprouts, celery, cucumber, capsicum, red onion, lettuce and ham. YUM!

1 cup of home made Chicken and veg soup (which i make in a big pot and freeze, takes 10 minutes to pull out, defrost in mic and then heat in pot). I usually have a bit of bread/toast with that, and usually end up having 2 slices if its fresh bread! lol

Dinner;
100-150g bit of chicken breast, pop on some foil, sprinkle with lemon pepper or tuscan, adn add a slice of lemon on top, wrap in the foil and bake for 40 mins. Serve with fresh vegies.

Chevups, (skinless sausages) x2 with fresh vegies.

Snacks;
2x rice cakes with vegemite
1x Banana (great energy)
1x apple and a couple of slices of cheese off a block. Two together makes it not so boring.
Cup of grated cheese and carrot mixed together
Salada with vegemite or cheese on top
Frozen yoghurt or Aeroplane Jelly (lite)
2x Scotch Finger bikkies and a cup of tea wink (My fave!)

Calorie King is FANTASTIC to monitor what you eat, and educate you on how bad some foods really are!
I use a potato peeler to slice my cheese, instead of a knife. I swapped white sugar for Raw sugar. I spent a couple of months reading labels and comparing things to see how bad/good they were, since then i have changed brands as i have been completely shocked at the salt/sugar content in some items.

3 Little Ones to Love.....

For Weekday Breakfasts I usually have something like this:
Healthy cereal.
Porridge.
Fruit & Yoghurt.

On Weekends:
Wholegrain toast topped w/ light ham, baby spinach leaves & a poached egg (my husband has grilled tomatoes & mushrooms with his).
Strawberry hotcakes (using wholemeal flour, low gi sugar, skim milk) w/ blueberry sauce.

Lunches are usually:
Salads (caesar, green salad w/ tuna or salmon, sweet chilli chicken & salad).
Ham & salad sandwich on wholegrain bread or roll.
Mountain bread wrap w/ red onion, natural yoghurt or hommus, mesclun greens & chicken tikka (I cook some chicken breasts in tikka masala curry paste then slice them).

For dinner we aim for 1 Fish, 2 Chicken, 1 Vegetarian, 1 Lamb & 2 Beef meals a week.
For example:
Crispy Skinned Snapper w/ Black Beans & Stir Fried Vegetables & 1 cup Brown Rice.
Chicken Breasts stuffed w/ Rosemary, Brie & Sundried Tomatoes w/ Salad or greens on the side.
Chicken, Almond & Broccoli Stir Fry w/ 1 cup Doongara Rice (smart rice).
Tofu & Vegetable Stir Fry with Egg Noodles.
Herb Crusted rack of lamb w/ kipfler potatoes & mesclun greens.
Grilled Eye Fillet Steak & 1 jacket Potato topped w/ Light Sour Cream & chopped Chives & a Green Salad.
Beef Tacos topped w/ Salad & Salsa (finely diced Red Onion, Tomato, Cucumber & Sweet Chilli Sauce), light Sour Cream & low fat Cheese.

For Snacks:
Rice Cakes
Fruit & Yoghurt
Saladas topped w/ sliced Tomato, Basil & cracked Black Pepper
Home-made Vegetarian Muffins (grated zucchini, carrot, potato etc & cheese)

We are huge on Vegies & Salad so we always have it with meals. We use Sweet Potatoes instead of white Potatoes as they have a lower gi. We use skim milk, raw or low gi sugar, light sour cream, low fat cheese, low fat ice cream, brown or doongara rice.

I dont eat white potatoes anymore either (not ALL the time, if its served to me i will, but not at home).

I eat sweet potato, and i lay some baking paper down on the baking tray, then peel some swt potato and have that as chips instead of the frozen kind! They are yummo! I put lemon juice and paporika on top sometimes too smile

3 Little Ones to Love.....

Sign in to follow this topic