Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Fit & Healthy You
  5. how much exercise do you do/or did?

how much exercise do you do/or did? Lock Rss

my thread before got me thinking...

how often (and what type) do you exercise??? and how much did you to lose your baby weight or more???

my thread before got me thinking...

how often (and what type) do you exercise??? and how much did you to lose your baby weight or more???

i joined a mums and bubs exercise class at a gym when when my daughter was 2 months that was twice a week...that was when we lived in brisbane. that helped, we went walking and running and did boot camp type stuff in the class, i would have gone walking more but DD hated being in the pram too long when she was a wee bubba sad

i found watching my portion sizes and trying to eat 6 small meals a day (healthy'ish ones) was better then 3 big ones. but portion control is still what i live by now. i'm only 2kgs heavier now then my pre baby weight and i'm happy with that as i dont have as much time on my hands as the pre baby life smile

I am a typical yo yo eater and exerciser. I have gone from lots of exercise ie gym 4-5 times pw plus netball plus tennis plus swimming to absolutely nothing. Just before I had DS I was playing indoor netball once a week and that was it. As of 4 weeks ago, I am now gymming 3 times a week for 40 mins and have just started back at indoor netball. I do have a lot of weight to lose though as I gained 35kg or more while pregnant. I still have 15kg to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. While any more than my pre-pregnancy weight would put me at overweight, I would be happy for now to get within 5kg of it. My main hurdle is diet. sad
I used to play baseball (since under 14s) and absolutely loved it - I miss it so much.

We live 2hrs away from the 'local' competition because the competition around here folded long ago. I moved when DS was born, so my old club in in the 'local' comp. And I have no interest in softball, they just don't compare sad

We played a season after DS was born but then when Miss Screamer Sook came along, it just didn't work.

I don't do much exercise at all, I wish I did though. Have a job interview in a week and if I'm successful, I'll need to do a 'pack' test (4.8km walk with 20kg pack within 45mins), so I'm getting stuck in at the moment.

With my lack of exercise and not the best diet, I'm lucky to be only 10kg heavier than my pre-children weight. In reality I'm probably a better weight for my height now anyway (176cm and 65kg), I'd just like to tone a bit.

Ben 25/10/06 + Erin 10/9/08

I go to the gym 3-4 [mostly 3!] times a week but they are intense classes, Monday is Spin, Wednesday is EFC [exteme fitness circuit] and thrusday nights are pump and fridays are fitbox. I also love to walk quite briskly with the dog and do a round circuit of about 6km's a few times a week. On the scales I havnt lost as much as I would like but by measurements I have definatly changed shape. Although on saying that I way between 65-67 kilos and I've had 4 kids and 1 of those pregnancies was twins and I put on 25kilos with them [they were born at 35 weeks and weighed 6pd1oz and 5pd5ozs so they were quite a good size!]. I also feel heaps fitter.
I gained 26 kilos (including DS's weight of 4kg) and it took almost a year to get it off. I did not try very hard though.

When DS was little and still having his third arvo nap I would put him in the pram and go for a walk. Once DS started walking at 10 months I found the weight started to come off a bit better as I was constantly on the go chasing him everywhere! (it coincided with Summer so we spent alot of time out in the yard).

I am a little overweight atm.... I carry all my weight on my belly so after the stretch marks from DS its all a bit of a deflated balloon.

I don't eat very well either..... I am a chocoholic and must eat either slice, chocie biscuits or chocolate after dinner with a cuppa.

I am not really trying to tone or loose anymore weight as I'm TTC and will have to do it all over again and I'm lazy lol.

Try not to put pressure on yourself.... It took about 10 months for me to get back into my old jeans.

I gained 26 kilos (including DS's weight of 4kg) and it took almost a year to get it off. I did not try very hard though.

When DS was little and still having his third arvo nap I would put him in the pram and go for a walk. Once DS started walking at 10 months I found the weight started to come off a bit better as I was constantly on the go chasing him everywhere! (it coincided with Summer so we spent alot of time out in the yard).

I am a little overweight atm.... I carry all my weight on my belly so after the stretch marks from DS its all a bit of a deflated balloon.

I don't eat very well either..... I am a chocoholic and must eat either slice, chocie biscuits or chocolate after dinner with a cuppa.

I am not really trying to tone or loose anymore weight as I'm TTC and will have to do it all over again and I'm lazy lol.

Try not to put pressure on yourself.... It took about 10 months for me to get back into my old jeans.

im a chocoholic as well lol and i love a cup of tea and piece of cake (which is why i dont make cake haha)

i am giving myself a year...my birthday next year is the goal!!! (my birthday is on tuesday so works out well)...

Next year is a very realistic goal!!! oh and Happy Birthday for next week!

I have lost 10kg in 2ys, am now 4kg lighter than pre preg. Just watching portion sizes, being a bit more careful with what I eat, but if I want something naughty, I still have it. If I dont have those things occasionally I will binge on them all day. I desperately need new work pants as I am sick of pulling them up, but as ttc, dont see the point in getting them yet. Need a whole new wardrobe actually, but waiting...

When I was pregnant with DD I went to a pregnancy aqua class once a week & took the dog 4 a walk between 2 -5 mornings a week for about 1/2 to 45mins.

After DD was born, didn't really do much except the odd walk to shops for bread and milk. then when she was about 4mths old, my neighbours & I (2 of them had just had bubs aswell) started our own fitness club. One of neighbours is a PE teacher, so she was our "instructor"... lost all of my baby weight in about 6mths. I was not watching my diet, so probably could have done that quicker if I watched what i ate. We would try 2 do about 3 sessions a week and fit in a few walks (45min power walk) a week.

The PE teacher & I have kept up the fitness sessions cause I wanted to lose a bit more weight (was trying to do this before I fell pregnant).

Now that I am pregnant again, I do 2 sessions a week & thats it. I am going to pick up an pregnancy aqua class aswell.

Once bub is born, I will get stuck into the fitness sessions again & aim for at least 3 a week. Running around after a toddler & baby should help 2.

I'm giving myself a year to lose the weight I put on with this pregnancy plus an extra 4-5kgs. This will get me back to the weight I was when I got married!
I walk alot, that's about the only type of exercise I enjoy. I usually get to Uni early so I can walk around the campus. There are alot of really big stairs so it's great for my butt smile , I do that three times a week. On the days I'm not at Uni I walk the dog or use my elliptical trainer (which I have set up in front of the TV grin otherwise I would find it too boring).

I actually had to put on weight after I had DD, I was very skinny because I lost alot of weight during pregnancy. I've had alot of trouble but two years later I have managed a couple of kgs. A few more and I'll be happy.
Most gyms have child minding from 10 weeks old. If you go and just walk on the treadmill for 30mins elevating your heart rate I guarentee you will lose weight.

I lost ALL my baby weight with DS2 with in a couple of months and although I didn't lose anymore weight, I lost heaps of centimetres from around my waist, hips and thighs.

Even being pregnant again, I'm still wearing jeans I couldn't fit into before I got married!!!!

Initially I started cause I needed ME time and it was the only way I could have an hour to myself, now I really love going and I'll still be going until I pop again.
Sign in to follow this topic