Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Fit & Healthy You
  5. Realistic weight loss goals............

Realistic weight loss goals............ Lock Rss

I am stacking on weight.... thanks to a bung leg and great comfort eating!!! i was shocked to realise I am up to 77.4kgs this morning.... the highest I have ever been was 80kg before I got preg with reagan and that was due to comfort eating also....

ideally I would LOVE to get down to 71kgs again .... I seem to plateau at 71 now.... before kids it was 66-67kg but I can't seem to do it now....

BUT I need to start off small or else I get disapointed and fail!!! LOL

Bearing in mind I can't excercise much but will try DH's suggestion of walking the a few laps of the driveway (200mtrs each way) and I am following a WW meal plan.... I would love to lose the 2.4 kgs by the 20th this month (have a wedding) and then keep going to lose the rest....

Whats a realistic goal???
I am averaging 50g weight loss a day. It sounds like NOTHING, and it feels like it too, but that is still 350g a week, so with any luck it'll stay off and I might even up it a little. Ideally I would like to be losing about 1kg a week, which I don't think is unrealistic. Any more than that I think there is the fear of putting it back on. I have a loooot to lose.....
I reckon a kilo a week is realistic, I was going great guns - was really in the zone and being so disciplined but I fell off the wagon and the wagon seems to have taken off.... dammit, cant seem to find the motivation again. I want to lose 5kg in six weeks before we go on hols to the beach.... willpower where are you ph34r

willpower where are you ph34r

It's in the fridge, just behind the chocolate....

lol-Love it

I will go check... grin grin
I think the fact that you can do minimal exercise 300-500 grams a week is a realistic weight loss..
Jess I have always plateaued at around 70kg too, just can't seem to break that barrier. I, like you, got on the scales at the dr the other day and to my disgust and horror found that I am sitting on 79kg, I knew it would be bad but not that bad. So as of Monday I am counting calories and walking every day, and already my tummy looks alot less bloated. I have decided I am not going to 'weigh-in' each week, and just go on how I'm feeling, and how my clothes are fitting/looking. I don't want to be a slave to the scales, when I'm already putting in the hard yards with the exercise and portion control, the last thing I want is to be good all week and not have it reflected on the scales...so I'm being a bit of a hippy about it all. I just want to feel happy in a cossie at the beach by Jan when we go back home for 2 weeks, so I have a) a goal b ) a plan and c) the will to do it, without going overboard.

Sorry for the drivel, but long story short is that I think any loss is still a loss, whether it's 250g a week or 1kg, but a healthy mindset is probably more important than a weekly goal smile All the best, I hope we're back down to where we are happier before too long smile
Hey Jess if you can't exercise much just be really diligent with your food intake...

When I hurt myself at Netball and couldn't exercise at all my doctor limited me to 1200 cals a day, no carbs past 12 and when I did eat them they had to be good carbs/fats like burgen bread, sweet potato instead of normal ones, avo instead of butter...Limit your salt intake as well and just drink TONS of water...

Good luck...smile

Thanks guys,
Megan I am the same, i want to do it right so I am not looking to lose it quickly and I will TRY not to weigh myself often but want a realistic idea.... like i don't want to say I will lose it by christmas for example and be disapointed....
Its making it easier this time as DH is hoping to lose around 10kgs too so hopefully together we can do it....
I know if I can get down to 71 kgs its quite easy for me to maintain with 1 treat day a week I can lose more weight but I find I struggle to maintain it so I prefer to stay at 71 kgs and be allowed the odd treat IYKWIM?

I am not going to WW meetings but have worked out how many points I should be allowed and loosely working out a daily plan for myself, so I have some idea of what I am eating as I have gotten out of control this year....

I have however set myself THE ultimate test today..... the kids wanted a choccy frog each at the shops.... a bag of 20 was in special..... so I brought them..... am determined NOT to touch them!!! LOL

And whilst I am doing this I am only allowing 2 coffees per day EEEEEEEKK!!!!!! Will drink green tea other than that...

I am also TTC so won't go overboard but would love to start out a few kgs lighter before I get preg....

Good luck to everyone else trying to lose weight!!!

2lovebugs, one thing I have found great in the past is an honest food diary and let DH read it!!!! I would go without as I didn't want to confess what I had eaten!!! LOl

Hey Jess if you can't exercise much just be really diligent with your food intake...

When I hurt myself at Netball and couldn't exercise at all my doctor limited me to 1200 cals a day, no carbs past 12 and when I did eat them they had to be good carbs/fats like burgen bread, sweet potato instead of normal ones, avo instead of butter...Limit your salt intake as well and just drink TONS of water...

Good luck...smile

thank Tess....
i love my avo so I at that anyway instead of butter and brought some sweet potato and will switch to that instead of normal potato... I have my 1.5L water bottle next to me all day too........ though the peeing is driving me mad!!! LOL
Sign in to follow this topic