Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Fit & Healthy You
  5. weight loss Q I'm interested to know

weight loss Q I'm interested to know Lock Rss

Has anyone drank Cold water, Ice with a slice of lemon in it to kick start weight loss? or while doing some kind of weight loss?
I don't think the temperature of the water or the presence of ice or lemon has much to do with it. Any weight loss program recommends you up your water intake - basically because most of us don't drink enough water, which actually causes us to retain fluids..so drinking lots of water will give a "kick-start" - but the weight loss is just fluids at that point.
I've done warm water with lemon first thing in the morning. It's meant to get the gastric juices working more efficiently or something. Don't know if it makes a difference or not though but my dietitian recommended it and it's not a bad way to start the day.

Petal, NSW, Mini Cooper 10.3.07

Has anyone drank Cold water, Ice with a slice of lemon in it to kick start weight loss? or while doing some kind of weight loss?

nope , i haven't . But recently, for my wedding, i didn't eat anything with more than 10g of sugar in it, and lost a kilo a week. And that's without exercising. I might start doing it again, i let myself eat what i wanted over christmas. just thought i would share what i found to work. didn't look at fat content, just the sugar content.

good luck!

xx

nope , i haven't . But recently, for my wedding, i didn't eat anything with more than 10g of sugar in it, and lost a kilo a week. And that's without exercising. I might start doing it again, i let myself eat what i wanted over christmas. just thought i would share what i found to work. didn't look at fat content, just the sugar content.

good luck!

xx

This is a good idea. I do this for my son's foods, as more than 10g/100 is considered "a lot." You have to look at the "per 100g" column though, not the "per serve" column.

I've done warm water with lemon first thing in the morning. It's meant to get the gastric juices working more efficiently or something. Don't know if it makes a difference or not though but my dietitian recommended it and it's not a bad way to start the day.

I've read/heard the same thing alot.. Warm water with lemon, first thing in the morning is supposed to be detoxifying and metabolism boosting...

I have heard of this and for some people it does work but it has alot to do with motabolism. I have just lost 34kg in the last 12 months. All i done was cut my meal sizes in half and started walking 30min a day.
i believe the warm water and lemon is meant to kick start your digestive system n aid in detox. the deal with the cold water is your body burns calories trying to digest it.
does it have to be warm? I normally drink a glass of cold water and lemon first thing

does it have to be warm? I normally drink a glass of cold water and lemon first thing

yeah or room temp preferably warm
Thanks ladies! might give it a go.. for something different.
lime juice is supposed to be good in water to help with Metabolism too... so if you don't like lemon like me then go the lime instead....

Owen 26.2.04 and Hannah 17.9.07

Sign in to follow this topic