Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Losing weight Rss

I'm currently exclusively bf my 10 week old DS. I have been eating healthily since moving into my own home. I cut out all soft drink, chocolate and chips.

I have been eating, definitely not starving myself and drinking about 2L's of water a day.

However, I lost 8 kgs last week. I cannot believe it. Even some biggest loser contestants don't lose that much in their first week and I am nowhere near as big as them.

I'm stoked but a bit worried that it will not be healthy for my DS. Does anyone have any opinions or advice for me?

Also slightly off topic...

Did anyone chop their hair off while having a young infant? I am finding my hair everywhere, including wrapped around DS little fingers and I am worried it will cut off his circulation. I'm scared, my hair is so long but it is starting to frustrate me to no end.

I'm currently exclusively bf my 10 week old DS. I have been eating healthily since moving into my own home. I cut out all soft drink, chocolate and chips.

I have been eating, definitely not starving myself and drinking about 2L's of water a day.

However, I lost 8 kgs last week. I cannot believe it. Even some biggest loser contestants don't lose that much in their first week and I am nowhere near as big as them.

I'm stoked but a bit worried that it will not be healthy for my DS. Does anyone have any opinions or advice for me?

Did anyone chop their hair off while having a young infant? I am finding my hair everywhere, including wrapped around DS little fingers and I am worried it will cut off his circulation. I'm scared, my hair is so long but it is starting to frustrate me to no end.

8 kg in 1 week? Bloody hell i would be off to the doc. Thats pretty serious hun. I would be very worried. Are you suffering any stress? Worrying about anything?
Hello,

I also lost alot of weight when I was breastfeeding my baby. A week after coming home from hospital I was smaller than I was before I was pregnant. I also got quite worried as you could see my hip bones and ribs. It was like all my fat just dropped off. Breastfeeding really takes it out of you, as it uses your stored fat for energy. 8kg is quite alot to lose in one week, but if all else is good, its probably just your body reacting to a new healthier diet, and new energy requirements.

Best of luck smile

First we had Each Other, Then we had You, Now we have Everything

8 kg in 1 week? Bloody hell i would be off to the doc. Thats pretty serious hun. I would be very worried.

That's EXACTLY what I thought. Mind you I was eating absolute crap before, probably consuming about twice to three times as many calories as I am now. I will wait to see if it stabilises next week, if it doesn't I will go see my GP.
Not sure about the weight loss thing...perhaps just monitor yourself and if it continues at that rate go for a check up!

As far as the hair goes I decided to chop mine when I had to pull a long hair thread out of my sons bottom! Not sure how he ingested it but it was weird! (btw...my hair was down near my shoulder blades at the time!)

Hey Nic,

8kgs is alot to lose in one week and maybe you shold just have a check up with the doctor or even discuss it with your child maternal health nurse, you should just be able to ring her and have a chat.

If you have changed to a healthier diet, and have even added a bit of exercise, along with the breastfeeding that could be why. Some people are lucky that when they breastfeed the weight will just drop off, so if you've made some big changes, that could be the simple answer. I lost 6kgs in one week when I started my new life style change.
A trip to the doctor just to check would be a good idea, however, from a natural health perspective:
If you arent doing anything crazy to yourself to lose that weight, I wouldn't stress.
As long as your bubba is putting on weight still due to you still producing enough milk that's one of the most important things.
If you still have weight to lose but want to keep your milk up I recommend
eating almonds (natural milk stimulant) and there is a supplement at health food stores called : 'Breastfeeding Support' by Herbs of Gold (I used to work for them before I had my DS. The supplement is not a multi it is a formulation of fenugreek and blessed thistle which really gets the milk pumping.
People who consume high sugar products underestimate how much they affect the metabolism.

Best of luck. I'm sure you are fine, but as said above, just check with your GP.
I lost 18kg of my 25kg baby weight in 2 weeks if that helps you and myself and bubba were great! smile

As far as the hair goes I decided to chop mine when I had to pull a long hair thread out of my sons bottom! Not sure how he ingested it but it was weird! (btw...my hair was down near my shoulder blades at the time!)

OMG that happened to DS2 as well! i saw a bit of hair coming out of his bum and it was only about 3 cm long, i pulled on it and it was the full length of my hair, so probably about 30cm came out! i was a bit shocked!

so now i always have to put my hair up in a ponytail before i get him out of bed lol

I lost over 16 kilos in two weeks after having my daughter. No one was concerned as I had put on a huge amount of weight through water retention. I ended up being 5 kg away from my prepregnancy weight without having to try. I did go and see the doctor about it, but she said it was just water weight. I had memory foam legs at the end, and couldn't wear any of my own shoes as my feet were so swollen. They weren't worried as my blood pressure was so low, but it was a pretty miserable time!!
I had a few 'biggest loser' moments when I would weigh myself in the morning, and then again in the evening and had lost 2kg during the day!
Old fashion diet and exercise... Read some books and use websites to help motivate, but it comes down to diet and exercise.

and a slip up is not an excuse to give up!! grin

Emma

I was totally amazed with my weight lost. With my first and only child I went through a long labour of 31hours and had to have emergency c-section. And I lost 12kg in 2 weeks, and I only gained 16kg overall. It then took a until 6 weeks to lose all the weight, and now I have droped another 2kg at 9weeks but I still have a little tiny bump showing that I think only sit ups will cure. I am also exclusively BF.
8kg within a week that is amazing but do not go to diet too much that will be a problem too.try to eat more fruits and water that is good for losing your hair.
costs of lap band|Lap Band Surgery Costs
Sign in to follow this topic