Huggies Forum

Anyone recarpeted their house recently? Lock Rss

We are recarpteing our house soon and unsure what colour to go. I really like a beigy light brown colour. But also like darker colours. I don't want the rooms to look smaller. My walls will be light.

2 Beautiful Boys

We did ours about 3 years ago. I went with a dark colour but now wish we went with a lighter colour, like a camel colour.

The dark colour shows stains and makes the rooms feel really small.

When they come out to do a quote you can always ask them what they suggest would match smile

HTH
The darker colours show every bit of fluff or dirt etc....we had dark plum and it showed everything, 5 minutes after vacuuming!
This house we are in now is older and has older beige coloured carpet (which needs replacing but not while I'm TT DS) the carpet actually hides alot!

Just had carpets put in. Went for a charcoal colour in our bedroom and the theatre room. And a biege colour in the other bedrooms. The carpet has lines through it. Its not plain carpet. The textured surface makes the room look as it was before. Not smaller not bigger. Reality is the room is the size it is. Its just the illusion that colours give. Our walls are light in our bedroom. The dark carpet has given it a cosy inviting feeling.

AM NO LONGER TINKERING WITH THE TICKER HMPH!

I would have to say the opposite.
Our last house we chose a light nuteral beige colour and it showed up any marks we had with two little kids i really regretted it. This house I got a dark brown carpet with a pattern in it and i love it. It is only in the bedrooms though so it doesnt get much mess.

mm still thinking of going light coloured

I would have to say the opposite.
Our last house we chose a light nuteral beige colour and it showed up any marks we had with two little kids i really regretted it. This house I got a dark brown carpet with a pattern in it and i love it. It is only in the bedrooms though so it doesnt get much mess.

2 Beautiful Boys

we had our house carpetedbout a year ago we went and inbetween browny colour its not dark but its not light it comes in handy it still shows a few badder marks but thats what happens with a kid but it doesnt show the everyday marks hat some do

We had ours done a light brown, its a great colour because it already has a dirty look about it, plus it really lightens the rooms.
We also have 2 white cats so dark wasn't really practical.
Sign in to follow this topic