Huggies Forum

Housework Lock Rss

I would cry if I had to clean at night- I'm buggered!

I have a pretty tight cleaning schedule, because I wouldn't be able to stand it if it piled up. Dare say I'm borderline OCD blink

Morning while DD1 naps, I do dishes- NO DISHWASHER- who'd have thunk, sweep and mop floors and tidy rooms.

When they're awake, I constantly sweep and tidy, but play too. Vacuum and wash clothes, put away when they're awake.

Arvo nap time (both asleep), I re-tidy and sweep and then- ME TIME.
Thanksfully- they don't try to help and are pretty tidy- they play with each other alot too- rather than toys.

Cook dinner and that's my chores for the day.

I like my kiddie free time too much to clean up their mess during it!

Well good for you.

+1 i thought the same thing lol

i am pretty strict on myself and clean first thing in the morning. i am unable to relax when i know that there are things that need to be done. unfortunately my kids do suffer with that cos alot of the time i am cleaning instead of playing with them and ds pointed that out to me the other day and i felt terrible that he would even notice sad . i work part time too.

+1 i thought the same thing lol

i am pretty strict on myself and clean first thing in the morning. i am unable to relax when i know that there are things that need to be done. unfortunately my kids do suffer with that cos alot of the time i am cleaning instead of playing with them and ds pointed that out to me the other day and i felt terrible that he would even notice sad . i work part time too.

I really feel for my sister sometimes. She works four days a week or more and then tries to squeese in time with her son. They did have a cleaner at one point but I think she wasn't doing her job. Basically my sister would tidy up and then the cleaner was supposed to clean the bathrooms and kitchen, and one deatali thing but wasn't doing it. You get paid good money to clean peoples houses. Can you tell if we can afford it when I rejoin the work force i'd love to give someone else a job lol.

I know i'm not the best cook, cleaner or patient mother. All we can do is our best with what we've got. Oh and Dh aint perfect but he does a fair bit considering the hours he does.

Big high 5's to everyone who does their best smile
I get everything done in the day. My kids are 20 months apart (3 & 5 now) and am 36 weeks pregnant. My kids play together beautifully and if I am cleaning and they start harassing me, they know they will be made to help, so they generally steer clear! Don't get me wrong, they clean their own rooms (with minimum fuss and a little help), put their dishes on the sink, washing in the basket and all the other usual things that kids do!

We have a small house, so I find I don't need to spend much time at all if I do a little every day. DH does all the washing, drying and folding at night and I put it all away the following day. I still have plenty of time to be with the kids, but I can see my current cleaning routine coming undone when this baby arrives, but that is cool, I have culled everything in the house to a minimum, so it will be fairly easy to maintain, plus all the extra help I will get for the first few months!

Just do what you can! I used to find it easier to clean at night when the kids were younger, but now I find it easier to do in the day as I am so much tired at night now!

I really feel for my sister sometimes. She works four days a week or more and then tries to squeese in time with her son. They did have a cleaner at one point but I think she wasn't doing her job. Basically my sister would tidy up and then the cleaner was supposed to clean the bathrooms and kitchen, and one deatali thing but wasn't doing it. You get paid good money to clean peoples houses. Can you tell if we can afford it when I rejoin the work force i'd love to give someone else a job lol.

I know i'm not the best cook, cleaner or patient mother. All we can do is our best with what we've got. Oh and Dh aint perfect but he does a fair bit considering the hours he does.

Big high 5's to everyone who does their best smile

i have already told dh that if i can find an ironing lady in our area i am using her no matter what smile
When my eldest was a baby (12yrs ago) she never ever slept during the day..she only ever slept between 4am and 10am until she was 18mths, So I slept when she did and got into a habit of doing chores at night...it worked for us really well and when I did get a child that slept I still found doing things at night worked for us and still to this day I find it easier to do things at night most of the time. It means I never have to rush around getting things done smile
So while at one point there wasnt alot of choice now there is I prefer to do it at night

Cheers Nes

Alot of women on here say how they have to stay up till all hours of a night just to get the housework done or how they didn't get a load of washing done cause their DS/DD didn't have a long day sleep. Why is it you can't get it done in the day time?
This is just a question, i'm not having a dig at anyone.

I don't stay up until all hours to do housework....I learned it will ALWAYS be there in the morning and I have better things to do like go to bed with my husband OR even *gasp* sleep!
I've wondered this myself, why wait til the kids are in bed asleep at night. thats time for chill out i think. I get all my housework done while DD(11months) is awake. I vaccum pretty much everyday, though we arent home during the day for 3 days as we both work but its still done.. tidy as the day goes. the complete housework(vaccuming, washing floors, cleaning toilet and bathroom, dusting) gets done twice a week, weds and Sat. all done in the morning before 9am. i cant stand mess. hate it, washing is done daily, put it on before work and set it to start just before I get home. In saying that when I wasnt working the bathroom and toielt were cleaned everyday!!! i get it from my mum-time management and cleanliness.

I've wondered this myself, why wait til the kids are in bed asleep at night. thats time for chill out i think. I get all my housework done while DD(11months) is awake. I vaccum pretty much everyday, though we arent home during the day for 3 days as we both work but its still done.. tidy as the day goes. the complete housework(vaccuming, washing floors, cleaning toilet and bathroom, dusting) gets done twice a week, weds and Sat. all done in the morning before 9am. i cant stand mess. hate it, washing is done daily, put it on before work and set it to start just before I get home. In saying that when I wasnt working the bathroom and toielt were cleaned everyday!!! i get it from my mum-time management and cleanliness.

Wow, thats impressive smile I vacume, mop, clean the toilet, bathroom and kitchen once a week; washing is 3 times a week. I agree that night time is chill out time, however I usually spend it studying.
I clean at night as I find it easier cleaning when my kids are in bed but each to their own. I study full time and work casually so i'm not home that often and if I am i'm either on the computer studying or working (with some Huggies and Facebook in between) or i'm spending time with the kids. When I was a SAHM I did most of my cleaning during the day as I didn't have much else to do and I felt it was my job but at the moment cleaning at night is working better for myself and my family smile

Alot of women on here say how they have to stay up till all hours of a night just to get the housework done or how they didn't get a load of washing done cause their DS/DD didn't have a long day sleep. Why is it you can't get it done in the day time?
This is just a question, i'm not having a dig at anyone.

For me I think its just easier to do it once they are in bed. I find during the day they make mess as fast (if not faster!!) than I can clean it up - my daughters a thrower of everything - toys everywhere!
Its so much more less stressful cleaning when they are outta the way. That way my DD doesnt have to help with her own spray-bottle or have a go at vacuuming etc etc or pulling my neat pile of folded clothes into a heap!
I'm task orientated and like to start a job and finish it without much interupption, i can do kitchen jobs and laundry jobs but bathrooms and floors have to wait for bedtime!!!!

Sign in to follow this topic