Huggies Forum

Really boring sorry Rss

So I have been a bit lax in the oven cleaning department of late lol. What's the best way to clean an electric oven, it's not horrible just a bit of baked on oily stuff...

Not fussed if it's major chemicals (I can get DH to do it if need be) just want it sparkling.

Cheers

when w md into opur last rented place the oven was DISGUSTING im talking so much crap backed on whe couldnt even get the shelves out ihad to use a screwdriver to chip it away so i could pull them out. im guessing urs is no where near that bad, but i used oven cleaning gel. not heaps of fumes like a spray and no drips. works pretty well i did that oven twice and it was all sparkley smile

bicarb sprinkled over it (use a good amount on really dirty areas) and then mix up 50/50 water and vinegar in a spray bottle and spray it over the oven, let it fizz for a while then use a non scratch scourer to clean it off. it comes off quite easily

Cheers, I am hopless with the oven. I always wipe the outside or clean if I spill something in there but that's it. Now of course we have an inspection on Friday (the same day I fly interstate, of course) and I have to clean it. But I would prefer it not be an all day job lol

Learnt this on better homes and gardens lol
Soak all your trays and racks in the bath with clothes washing powder!! It does work!
And the rest with what pp said about bicarbonate and water and vinegar
i love 'easy off oven bam' that stuff is the bomb!!! you spray it on and in 5 mins if just wipes off!!!!

so recommend them!!!

google elegance oven cleaning

I have not used them but am tempted.If I wait long enough my mum will see it clean it LOL might be a job for her tomorrow laugh

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

i love 'easy off oven bam' that stuff is the bomb!!! you spray it on and in 5 mins if just wipes off!!!!

so recommend them!!!

Totally agree! I hated cleaning the oven till I used this stuff! It literally wipes off, no scrubbing!

bicarb sprinkled over it (use a good amount on really dirty areas) and then mix up 50/50 water and vinegar in a spray bottle and spray it over the oven, let it fizz for a while then use a non scratch scourer to clean it off. it comes off quite easily

I did something like that once too. Worked great after a bit of scrubbing.
Sign in to follow this topic