Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips
  5. Quick question about cleaning timber floors

Quick question about cleaning timber floors Lock Rss

Does anyone know if you can use a steam mop for floating timber floors?

I have one, and I've been using it for my tiled areas (bathrooms and laundry). I would really like to use it through the main areas, but don't want to ruin the floorboards.

If anyone has any experience/knowledge to share, I sure would appreciate it smile
I don't have a steam mop.... but I do have timber floors. I guess it would depend on how wet the steam mop would make the floor, cos you need to be careful about how much water gets on them, otherwise they may buckle over time.

We have timber floorboards throughout our whole house and I use an ENJO mop to clean them. I wet the ENJO mop with a spray bottle so its not too wet and then spray Orange Power floor cleaner straight onto the floor then mop over it. Works a treat! And we haven't had any buckle.

I don't have a steam mop.... but I do have timber floors. I guess it would depend on how wet the steam mop would make the floor, cos you need to be careful about how much water gets on them, otherwise they may buckle over time.

We have timber floorboards throughout our whole house and I use an ENJO mop to clean them. I wet the ENJO mop with a spray bottle so its not too wet and then spray Orange Power floor cleaner straight onto the floor then mop over it. Works a treat! And we haven't had any buckle.

You shouldn't use a steam mop on wood floors as it will swell the wood. The above idea sounds brilliant, I'm going to try that tomorrow!

Thanks for that ladies,

Yeah I wasn't sure about how much water it puts on the floors, because it seems to dry so quickly on tiles, but I was worried about it getting in between the boards and causing them to swell. Normally I just use a slightly damp mop with a mild cleaner, so I think I'll just keep doing that. It's been working well, I haven't had any problems with results or anything, it's just that I get the steam mop out anyway for the wet areas so I thought maybe I could be use it on the rest of the floors while I have it out. I won't though, definitely don't want to risk ruining them.

Thanks smile
Sign in to follow this topic