Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips
  5. How do you keep your kitchen bench clear???????

How do you keep your kitchen bench clear??????? Lock Rss

It seems like the end of my bench is a never ending avalanche! If I don't want to put something away properly, I put it there! I have a bowl and some small storage for our bits that I WANT there- keys, wallets etc, but it just ends up full of crap! The rest of my house is quite clean if I do say so myself (LOL), but I cannot stand this area!
What do you use to keep your area clean?

Mine is the same. Everything gets dumped on the bench. Every night I try to put it all away but some nights it just dosn't happen. I spent one day last week cleaning all mine and putting everything away. We have done well this week and they are still clear. Only thing I found was to find new places for everything and stick to it and put things way then and not dump to put away later. Good luck.

It seems like the end of my bench is a never ending avalanche! If I don't want to put something away properly, I put it there! I have a bowl and some small storage for our bits that I WANT there- keys, wallets etc, but it just ends up full of crap! The rest of my house is quite clean if I do say so myself (LOL), but I cannot stand this area!
What do you use to keep your area clean?

that drives me bonkers too...the garage is also a dumping ground of crap. I try to clear the bench every morning...so, all the dishes, paperwork, etc...even if the rest of the house looks like a mess, at least thats a clear space to work in.
I dont tongue

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

I have a money tin and key hooks, saves crap being thrown into bowls.

I also have 3 pot plants in my kitchen. One on top of the microwave, beside the fridge and one on top of the cupboard where I keep my food. This takes up room and no one puts anything near there.
clear it 5 minutes before your other half gets home and it looks like you've been busy LOL, mine it almost clean/clear.I tidied it yesterday afternoon.We went out last night/evening and it still looked like a bombsite even tough no one was home, does not take long to mess it up.Dh is always impressed/happy if it clean when he gets home laugh unsure

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I don't either, mine is always terrible! We even have a hall table that has a dish for keys and a mail tray thing.... which keeps that stuff tidy, but everything else....
lol I was beginning to think we are the only ones who do this! Ours ALWAYS ends up in a disgraceful mess about 2 days after we've tidied it up. But, I must admit, when it is clean it does make me feel better and make the rest of the house feel clean... if only we had little fairies to put the crap away while we're alseep tongue

Sign in to follow this topic