Huggies Forum

how do you clean Lock Rss

hey how do you clean your bbq?
I'm not the one who cleans it, but DH tells me he uses an onion!
He cuts it in half and puts the BBQ on, and somehow it works?? Not sure how hygienic that is, but anyway!

The one thing we do with our BBQ is put heavy duty tin foil over it while using it, so the meat only goes on the tinfoil so there's much less mess smile

I'm not the one who cleans it, but DH tells me he uses an onion!
He cuts it in half and puts the BBQ on, and somehow it works?? Not sure how hygienic that is, but anyway!

The one thing we do with our BBQ is put heavy duty tin foil over it while using it, so the meat only goes on the tinfoil so there's much less mess smile

we use baking paper here, when i remember lol. makes it much easier to clean.

Otherwise while its hot i generally clean with old newspaper with a bit of oil on the plate and scrape off the crap with one of those bbq meat egg flip thingos. Dont usually have to much trouble.

I did have one when it was really bad and had to go out and get the bbq cleaner spray and that worked well, although i then had to make sure id burnt off all the chemicals that im sure where in it. not something id use on a regular basis

mum to one goregous boy

The best way to clean the BBQ is with washing powder and warm water if it has a lot of baked on grease. Once it is clean it is easy to maintain with vinegar while it is hot after cooking. Good Luck!!!
I just saw on some show the other day, vinegar and some sugar. Apparently the sugar is really abrasive and gets the grease and dirt off.

I'd be scared of using washing powder on something we eat off?
Once every year I use oven cleaner on it and a good clean down with soap and water after it. I then season it. After that it gets heated hot oil and salt then hot water to clean off the salt before each use.

Turn it on, let it heat right up, and go for your life lol. If you have a lemon tree (or plentiful supply lol), cut them in half, stab lemon with prong, (juicy bit face down), smother all over plate to clean all the gunk off the plate, repeat til clean. Or again heat up, and clean with clean oil, scraping old fat off first, and wipe with newspaper. Or when hot, poor beer on it, and scrap. Or as someone else suggested, salt as well, that will clean it, but may also rust some bits too lol.

But your best bet is clean whilst hot smile

Good luck

We typically use beer and newspaper or lemon when it's really oily!

clean bbq while it is still hot, so ideally just after you've just used it.
Turning it on to clean it especially, is a waste of gas. And lemons work
I say: "honey, can you clean the BBQ" smile
Sign in to follow this topic