Huggies Forum

Anyone done DIY carpet cleaning? Lock Rss

My carpets are in desperate need of cleaning. Instead of paying hundreds for someone to do it I was thinking of hiring one of those machines from Woolies or Bunnings and doing it myself.
Has anyone hired one of these before and do they clean well? Is it worth the effort or would you just pay someone to do it? TIA smile

My carpets are in desperate need of cleaning. Instead of paying hundreds for someone to do it I was thinking of hiring one of those machines from Woolies or Bunnings and doing it myself.
Has anyone hired one of these before and do they clean well? Is it worth the effort or would you just pay someone to do it? TIA smile

We used to do it quite alot with the woolies ones in our old unit & we found that they worked quite well. Could always tell when we clean the carpets by the steam cleaners. Having said that when we moved out we had s professional do ours (3 rooms for $80). See if there are any deals around or shop around to get the best deal for your place
We did a few times. One time we had to return the machine about 3 times before we got a working one with all attachments that actually worked properly. Then we had to buy some product as well.

I would also suggest shopping around, you can usually get pretty good deals through carpet cleaners. But if you really want the cheapest option then they do work and they do clean the carpets, not quite as good as if you paid someone but still does the job (in my experience anyway)
Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be a complete waste of time if I did try it.
DONT DO IT!
Dont waste your money! The wollys machine left my carpet so wet it smelled mouldy afterwords! 2 weeks later the stains all came back, it was like it just wet them and sank them to the bottom.

The experts do a much better job for not much more. I've used Go Clean Carpet cleaning in Adelaide to do them properly since then, and will never use the woolys machine again
We have been usning the britex machines for years. In our opinion they do a great job. We work on the theory that we know where our stains are and where needs doing more.

When you fill the tank with water fill with boiling water from the kettle it helps get the stains out and it helps for it to dry quicker.

Once you have put the solution on turn the pump off and then vacuum well over the area that you are doing to get as much water out as possible and it will dry after a few hours.

We had cream carpet in our old house and we did them at least once a year and then about every 6 months after the kids came along.

Good luck. It is hard work but you can get fantastic results.

I hired the Britex from Bunnings and the carpets came out FANTASTIC!!
Very happy with the results.
Thanks for your input ladies smile
DH hires the carpet cleaners from woolies and he does a great job but he was trained as a commercial cleaner 12 years ago so still remembers using all their equipment. I'm not sure how good a job someone with no training would do?!

Sometimes we get "4 rooms for $120" or similar on the back of our shopping dockets- not sure if you've seen them?

I hired the Britex from Bunnings and the carpets came out FANTASTIC!!
Very happy with the results.
Thanks for your input ladies smile

Thats great we have always got great results as well.

Enjoy your weekend with nice clean carpet.

We hired a rug doctor and it cleaned really good, it didnt remove stains at all but i didnt get the stain remover stuff. It smelld wet for a few days but just gotta air the place out as much as poss.
hi so interesting to read all this as I am wanting to get my carpets cleaned I have an aqua laser but was dissapointed as it doesnt get rid of stains and smells,saying that they are great for kitchen,laundry and to refresh carpet are the carpet shampoers from goodfreys really good? what kind of product do you buy for them and do you know what the rrp is?
Balirette wrote:
DONT DO IT!
Dont waste your money! The wollys machine left my carpet so wet it smelled mouldy afterwords! 2 weeks later the stains all came back, it was like it just wet them and sank them to the bottom.

The experts do a much better job for not much more. I've used Go Clean Carpet cleaning in Adelaide to do them properly since then, and will never use the woolys machine again

True. You better avail of a professional carpet cleaning service provider. I always avail of All Aces Services (www.allaces.com.au) carpet cleaning services rather than do it myself or hire machines to use.
Sign in to follow this topic