Huggies Forum

Anyone have a steam mop? Lock Rss

Any good or bad points to look out for? Are the cheap ones any good?
I love my steam mop for my gloss white tiles but dont use them on real wood floors if you have as I found its taken the shine off them sad

I didn't like mine either. I got one from godfreys was $100. I found the floor was always streaky, the cord was not long enough so I was constantly changing power points & then after a few months the lid to the water container partly melted & I can't buy a replacement so it is now sitting in the laundry cupboard unable to be used. Not sure why I haven't thrown it out tongue I went back to my regular mop & if I need the floors dried quickly I turn on the air con for a few mins & it dries quickly smile
Hmmm, thanks for the info ladies. Have decided not to get one as half our upstairs flooring is wood so I think it's better to be safe than sorry!!
I have a monster steam mop which I really like. It was the brand the shop assistant at good guys recommended- but was also the one had had researched beforehand so confident with it.
I have had mine for about 4 years, I have solid timber floors that are polished, although they would have been done last maybe 15 years ago at a guess (REALLY due to be redone) but I use mine on my wood floor without drama. My floors are actually much shinier afterwards and look much cleaner/nicer. Really good on my tiles too smile

*mummsy* wrote:
Well this decides it for me!!

I always wanted one and now I think I don't since people saying its streaky etc!

It may depend on what mop. Mine isn't streaky, but it isn't leaving heaps of water on the floors so that may be the reason for the streaking.

I've had 2. The first one broke down and the one I have now doesn't seem to steam as much as when I got it. I'm starting to wonder if it's even doing it's job! We have tiled floors throughout and it does do a great job leaving a streak free shine. What I love most about it though is that I don't have to use any chemicals which will be peace of mind when DD starts crawling. However, I think I need a newie! I have the Optim Plus steam mop which has a triangular head for getting into corners. Wouldn't recommend it though seeing as we've gone through 2. I'm going to try a new brand next.

*mummsy* wrote:
missy_83h wrote:
*mummsy* wrote:
Well this decides it for me!!

I always wanted one and now I think I don't since people saying its streaky etc!
It may depend on what mop. Mine isn't streaky, but it isn't leaving heaps of water on the floors so that may be the reason for the streaking.
Hm....are your wood floors laminated or hard wood? We have hard wood floors...would it be appropriate for that? I've always wanted one! Is the point of them you don't use any product when cleaning? I just use a bit of 'pledge' brand wood floor cleaner and it does a good job, no streaks. But I just hate mopping....if a steam mop makes it easier then I'd be happy!!!!

What brand do you have? How often do you have to change the pads?

I have hard wood floors, although they need re-sanding and repolishing as it was done a LOOONG time before I lived here. But they still come up quite nicely. smile I couldn't tell you on freshly polished wood floors what the outcome would be though

instead of mop you can try enzyme cleaner it will remove that odor https://joyeefloorcleaningguide.com/enzyme-clea...
Sign in to follow this topic