Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips
  5. Questions for you - trying to minimise kitchen clutter!

Questions for you - trying to minimise kitchen clutter! Lock Rss

1. where do you keep your chopping board(s)?
2. where do you keep your fruit - in bowl on the bench or other?
3. where do you keep your toaster - on bench or elsewhere?
1. I have the Tupperware boards and they stand up behind the utensil jar

2. Basket on the bench

3. Ha this is an issue in our house, I like to keep it on the bench as it gets used 2+ times a day but dh likes the cupboard so it does have a cupboard spot so only sometimes it gets put away

Sounds like your on a mission knockonwood smile

They are kept on the bench with the mix master holding them up lol

All fruit except bananas are kept in the fridge

My toaster is kept on the bench

We have so many appliances and no cupboard space so most of them are kept on top of the cupboards in the kitchen the only appliances that are always on the bench are the mix master and the toaster. Everything else gets put down when needed and back up once it's been used.

Forever, for always and no matter what

Yes doublewhammy I am on a mission!! DD2 is sick so sleeping at the moment so I've decided to tackle the clutter in the kitchen as it's driving me crazy smile So far I've managed to clean two corners of the kitchen and find new homes for things, now I just have the "big bench" to tackle. We just seem to dump stuff all the time and I end up with piles or crap
knockonwood wrote:
Yes doublewhammy I am on a mission!! DD2 is sick so sleeping at the moment so I've decided to tackle the clutter in the kitchen as it's driving me crazy smile So far I've managed to clean two corners of the kitchen and find new homes for things, now I just have the "big bench" to tackle. We just seem to dump stuff all the time and I end up with piles or crap

You go girl, grin it always feels good to have a declutter smile

1. where do you keep your chopping board(s)? Standing up next to the microwave
2. where do you keep your fruit - in bowl on the bench or other? Some in bowl on bench, some n fridge
3. where do you keep your toaster - on bench or elsewhere? On the bench, I use it everyday so would hate to have to move it in and out of a cupboard.

I used to keep my food processor on the bench, as I used it a lot. Then I went through a stage of keeping my kitchen aid on the bench - that sucker be heavy so I have now moved it but don't enjoy picking it up when I use it. I definitely use it less often, but I wanted the bench space back. I keep my compost bin on the bench and some knives in stand. And I have a soda stream on the bench too but really should put it away as haven't had gas for it for ages.
Behind the kitchen tap. That way hubby can see it when he wants it and won't cut on the bench.

In the fridge

On the bench under the microwave. People can't see it there but it out for the kids to use. It gets used everyday so I leave it out.
knockonwood wrote:

1. in cupboard
2. in bowl on dining table
3. in cupboard

I don't like stuff cluttering my bench.

I have my boards hanging on hooks on the inner door of my plastics cupboard. My fruit thats not in the cridge is in a bowl on a cupboard (not a kitchen bench but in the kitchen-it holds my tea towels etc). My toaster stays on the bench as it gets used pretty much daily and iod prefer to wipe crumbs from one area rather than two! Plus I don't have much cupboard space (hence the little side cupboard that my fruit is on!)

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

1. where do you keep your chopping board(s)? Top shelf of the cupboard under the Kitchen Sink

2. where do you keep your fruit - in bowl on the bench or other? Sometimes a bowl on the Bench, mostly the pantry though as I like my main bench clear

3. where do you keep your toaster - on bench or elsewhere? On the bench in the corner next to the stove
between the side of the cupboard and my knife block, so standing up vertically.

some in the fridge, some in a fruit bowl on the bench

in the pantry and we take it out to use as needed.

have fun decluttering

smile

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Down the side of the microwave (which has its own little cubby)

some in the fridge, some in a fruit bowl on the bench

It lives on the windowsil. Lol. (We have a MASSIVE windowsil in our kitchen so make use of it by keeping the toaster on there)

Much as DH hates it I have my food processor and breadmaker on the bench too. Theyre in a corner that I can barely reach anyway so wouldnt be used for anything else, and when DH used to put store the breadmaker on the top of the cupboard etc it NEVER got used, now its out it gets used lots. Lol. The food processor sometimes goes away in the tupperware cupboard but at the moment its out (as is the rice cooker which was a birthday gift, but that should really go away). Lol.

have fun decluttering

smile[/quote]
Sign in to follow this topic