Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

How often do you clean? Lock Rss

As the title says, I'm asking how often you do various cleaning jobs? I'm asking because one of my sisters thinks I clean my bathroom too often.

I vacuum and mop everyday (except Saturday when I only vacuum).
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I dust and clean the bathroom and toilet.
The first Monday of each month I clean out the fridge.
The second and fourth Monday of each month I wipe down my walls.
All the other cleaning and tidying jobs just get done when needed (except windows, which REALLY need doing tongue)

My house often looks messy though because we have no storage space until we can afford to do the house up.
I vacuum when too much stuff sticks to my bare feet... Sweep after each meal though, just round eating/food prep area. Bathroom/kitchen once a week, unless there is an 'incident'. Walls only get spot cleaned.

For me you would clean too much, but if it works for you, who gives a rats arse what she thinks.
I clean the toilet as needed sometimes twice a day, sometimes twice a week.
Shower gets cleaned once a week.
Bathroom vanity etc pretty much everyday.
Vacuum ranges from everyday in lounge area to once a week in bedrooms. I mop once a week.
Dust once a week.
Fridge as needed so probably every 1 or 2 months.
Walls never
Windows twice a year.
Thanks for all the replies! I forgot to mention that I have two cars and two German Shepherds that sleep inside so if I don't vacuum everyday, my wooden floors look like carpet tongue then I mop to get rid of their footprints.
I vacuum every 2-3 days or when too much stuff sticks to my feet. Bathroom & toilet get a wipe down when required but one good clean a fortnight when the cleaner comes (like today!). Floors also get mopped when the cleaner comes or I will do them if they desperately need it. Dishes and other basic stuff gets done daily.

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

Nay7 wrote:
As the title says, I'm asking how often you do various cleaning jobs? I'm asking because one of my sisters thinks I clean my bathroom too often.

All the other cleaning and tidying jobs just get done when needed (except windows, which REALLY need doing tongue)

My house often looks messy though because we have no storage space until we can afford to do the house up.

Wanna come to my house Nay7?! smile I'm sure my sister thinks I don't clean often enough. I agree with others though if it works for you then that's great.

I have no real idea how often I clean but I think I'm a once a week-er for everything. I like to do it all at once. I will always do it before people come over too. They don't come over often but sheesh it's good when they do cos my house is much better for it. The only daily thing would be the kitchen, dishes, wipe benches, sweep floor etc.
Slacktarts wrote:
Nay7 wrote:

Wanna come to my house Nay7?! smile I'm sure my sister thinks I don't clean often enough. I agree with others though if it works for you then that's great.

I have no real idea how often I clean but I think I'm a once a week-er for everything. I like to do it all at once. I will always do it before people come over too. They don't come over often but sheesh it's good when they do cos my house is much better for it. The only daily thing would be the kitchen, dishes, wipe benches, sweep floor etc.

I'll have to pass thanks Slacktarts! I have to make myself do my own housework! I'm not a fan of cleaning but I love the result. It never seems to last long in my house though...

+1 but I do the dishes whenever the dishwashers full & pots & pans after dinner.

I HATE doing the dishes! I can't wait til we renovate out kitchen and we get a dishwasher. Whose turn it is to do the dishes is one of the main things that DH and I argue about tongue
Nay7 wrote:
I'll have to pass thanks Slacktarts! I have to make myself do my own housework! I'm not a fan of cleaning but I love the result. It never seems to last long in my house though...

Damn! I understand though, I like the result too.

Nay7 wrote:
+1 but I do the dishes whenever the dishwashers full & pots & pans after dinner.

I HATE doing the dishes! I can't wait til we renovate out kitchen and we get a dishwasher. Whose turn it is to do the dishes is one of the main things that DH and I argue about tongue

I have that argument too except with myself - I always lose!

It all depends on what you classify as 'cleaning'!?!?!?

Apparently, DH and l have very different definitions wink And believe it or not, he's the freaky one that when he 'cleans,' furniture gets pulled out and everything gets upturned! My idea of cleaning is wiping over things regularly so it doesn't need upturning smile

This is what I do:

Daily-
load/unload dishwasher
Disinfect kitchen bench
Clean/disinfect bathroom (toilet gets cleaned here too and then again as needed during the day)
Vacuum house (incl. under couch cushions) and mop kitchen and bathrooms
General tidy up all over incl. making beds
Polish wooden dining table and wipe down chairs (messy kids!)

Weekly:
Disinfect fridge
Deep clean bathroom
Wash windows/hose outside of house
Clean washing machine and dishwasher
Clean inside and outside of kitchen cupboards
Wash shower curtain

Probably more but I can't think of anything else right now! I LOVE my vacuum and use the duster attachment as well a lot grin

I am quite fussy with how clean my house is but time is a huge factor for me. I work twice a week and we are quite busy socially as well, but if I was home a lot I would be like you nay7. Around our schedule I vacuum every day or 2, bathrooms and toilets 2-3 times a week, kitchen daily, make beds everyday, dust 1-2 times a week, mop 2-3 times a week. I must admit though our house doesnt seem to get real dirty. we take our shoes off inside mostly and my kids aren't real messy types and only eat at the table mostly so we don't have mess everywhere so that makes things easier.I do a big spring clean every 1-2 months.

Neverasleep^** I can see why you're never asleep laugh
Sign in to follow this topic