Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips

Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips

A&E

Anyone put in a new kitchen? Lock

One of the houses we like needs a new kitchen. But we are complete novices in home ownership and ...

7 replies

great pics, your kitchen looks a decent size Thanks for sharing

Kirsti_Lee

Best double kit pram for a 3 year old and a newborn? Lock

Baby number two will be here in July and my little girl will be the big 3! Although ideally I...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Simone_Lee-95

Baby pegs Lock

Hey all, I was just wondering I'd anyone has. Heard of or seen baby pegs?? Apparently there...

1 reply

something like this? http://itti.com.au/house/washing-lines/brighton... Leisa

knockonwood

White or stainless appliances, what should I get? Lock

OK so eventually I'll have to replace our oven, cooktop, dishwasher, and fridge. May happen...

8 replies

when we brought our new fridge we went for grey not ss but grey it fits in well with any colour

*Kris*

$21 Challange Lock

I was just on the Simple Savings website and noticed the $21 Challange ....has any one read or do...

2 replies

wow...thats great. i might look further into it then :0)

I Love My Babes

Getting a stain of Vintage Knitted Baby Clothes? Ideas Please.:) Lock

Afternoon Ladies I've got a few lovely Vintage Knitted and crocheted Cream and Pale Yello...

2 replies

Thank you Ladies Yeah I'll use the sard soap and sunlight. Little Misses was wondering if it was OK to soak knitted clothing b...

Kiwi Gem

What's your best moving tip....? Lock

So, we're on the move... Ok, so it's not like we haven't moved what feels like a h...

11 replies

Started using up the food and always shocks me to see the things I've forgotten about that are now waaay passed their use by da...

knockonwood

Natural solution for snails in my mailbox ??? Lock

I don't like the idea of using snail bait cause of the kids and pets in our street, but this...

1 reply

Broken egg shells - they don't like sliding over sharp things.

cheerful

which types of dishwashers did you find the best? Lock

I am looking for a freestanding dishwasher that dose the job properly,budget is $600, Don'...

2 replies

Whirlpool ? Gold Series 24" Tall Tub Built?in Dishwasher ? Stainless?steel $599.99 I have it. I hope this will solve your probl...

knockonwood

What to serve with fried rice? Lock

So I'm cooking up a big batch of fried rice next week when all my family are coming for tea,...

3 replies

I sometimes make some homemade spring rolls to go with my fried rice & serve them on lettuce cups with a dipping sauce

knockonwood

Q about baking with food colourings Lock

So I'm making the polka dot cake for my birthday next week and I want the cake pops inside t...

6 replies

I tried a 'fancy inside' cake, checkers, and I came to the conclusion afterward, it would have worked better with a denser...

knockonwood

Chalys ... in here please Lock

Quick question for you - if I freeze the cake balls for my polka dot cake, do I have to thaw them...

2 replies

Thanks Chalys, appreciate that!

Renata12

How to stick to a healthy eating diet while craving JUNK??? Help!! Lock

Hi ladies, I am new to huggies and am 14weeks pregnant with our first baby:) Prior to getting pre...

5 replies

Congratulations to all the expecting mums as well....how lucky are we!!

knockonwood

How to clean washing machine? Lock

Do you clean your washing machine? How do you do it? I just finished a load and some of the clo...

5 replies

You can get washing machine cleaner from Cole's or woolies. It a bit annoying as you have to leave it soaking in the machine ov...

beksparkles

best freezer containers??? Lock

i am hoping someone can help me??? i am planning on making up some batches of soup soon for wint...

KaShMy

Mum Skills Lock

So this morning I managed to butter and put vegimite on two peices of toast for DD2 while I was n...

2 replies

knockonwood wrote: The other night I managed to burn dinner while holding my 2 year old who was bawling and also holding my 6 year o...

knockonwood

Cleaning my dishwasher? Lock

What's the best way to clean a dishwasher? I just noticed heaps of grime etc along the fron...

4 replies

chalys 'n' J wrote: Oc doesn't the rinse aid bit last ages? Do you do this with your dishes in there? (I think??) ...

RIPE strawberries Lock

my mum use to make use strawberry cookies! Here's a recipe STRAWBERRY COOKIES Adapted from Davi...

2 replies

My vote is definately muffins. That's always what I make whenever I have excess strawberries, blueberries, bananas etc

Topside Roast in the slower cooker???? Lock

Definitely possible I put 2T bisto, 1C water and a packet of onion soup in there so it comes wi...

4 replies

oh ok bugga. I'm sorry it didn't work out. Try it one more time before you give up though cause it's seriously the best way i've eve...

3Jayz

Urine in mattress Lock

A whole bladder full of urine on one of our mattresses! I soaked up as much as possible in the m...

3 replies

3Jayz wrote: Spring mattress Hmm that makes it trickier, when I was a kid I would take my mattress outside and soak it in dish wash...

Bhambiri

No time for myself Lock

Hello I have a 4 months old and have been unsettled from day 1 he's better now but still like to ...

9 replies

Thanks so much for your suggestions it's helps a lot emotionally I nvr thought of jolly jumper will have a look tomorrow n see if ...

Webexpressdomain

Tips to clean the Bamboo Floors, protect your child from germs Lock

To secure your child from germs you need to clean your house. As i have Bamboo Flooring in my hou...

shull

Looking at upgrading fridge soonish Lock

Hi everyone need some advice, We have a fridge that we bought brand new 5yrs ago and works perfe...

5 replies

In case you decide to get a new one, I suggest you check here: http://www.minifridge24.com/

knockonwood

Small upright Freezer icing up Lock

I have had a small upfright freezer (about the size of a bar fridge) for about 6 years now. A co...

4 replies

Don't tell me that, I'm not ready to buy a new fridge/freezer yet!!!

mumoftwins09

Natural Products Lock

I am sick of using (and smelling) all the expensive chemicals and i am sure its not good for my 5...

3 replies

Hey ladies, I'm the same hate the chemicals especially now I have my babies. I have been put onto this site from USA all natural/ or...

How to.... Lock

Hi I have actually heard that hairspray works for this.Or maybe eucalyptus oil/teatree I cant rem...

doublewammy

Spring cleaning bug! Lock

now that I'm feeling better (over my cold) I am wanting to get into some spring cleaning/declutte...

4 replies

*chonnie* wrote: wammysmummy wrote: *chonnie* wrote: I know it's so nice when things are organised but I'm a bit overwhelmed as I'...

Eva K3

Stain Removal Lock

Can anyone tell me how to get pumpkin stains out? My SK loves pumpkin and the bib only keeps so m...

4 replies

I have been using the Sard Wonder soap on everything and it is great! I find it better than nappysan which I used to use. I found it...

PAIRS

Has anyone washed a dry clean only woollen quilt/doona? Lock

Had a toilet accident last night and quilt is now dirty. Care instructions say dry clean only bu...

1 reply

My Mum just had to do this the other day. You can clean it as Dani said but it will take forever (days) to dry. Mum instead wash it ...

doublewammy

Help needed!!!! Ink stain!!!! Lock

Hi, just wondering if any of you ladies have a remedy for getting out an ink stain. Just noticed ...

3 replies

Ha Ha talked to DH about the shirt and he said just throw it out. I thought he'd be annoyed so that eases my mind alot! Thanks girl...

*emily''''s mummy*

Tupperware t-bar set Lock

Hi, just wanting to know if anyone has one of these and what you think of it? I have heard that...

7 replies

My mum just gave me one, and I tried it today. I made the peanutty bars, but had to dig them out with a spoon and knife. Tasted deli...

PAIRS

Induction cookware Lock

Just had our induction cooktop installed and now in the need for induction cookware. I have been...

Jade&CailsMummy

Best Vacuum Lock

Im after a good vacuum thats not gonna die and lose suction the 2nd time i use it Any ideas? Don...

6 replies

I have to say that noise IS pretty satisfying. Like you know your floors are actually getting cleaner. LOL yep it sure is. DF th...

shull

What are your quick tips for cleaning a house for a visitor?? Lock

What are your quick tips for cleaning a house for a visitor?? I always make sure I have vacuumed...

18 replies

After being made redundant and now being at home full-time it was hard getting into a routine. Now my day starts with being woken b...

MissBEAUtiful

Removing stains Lock

Hi ladies, I'm after some help I washed one of DD's shirts today and it came out 'stained' bl...

2 replies

I'm pretty sure the stuff you're talking about is called 'Run Away'! Should be in the stain removal section of your supermarket. ...

white_with_three

CLR good for removing rust? Lock

Trying to clean up a birdcage. It's spent alot of its time near salt water & has rust all over it...

7 replies

I had a few cockatiels before I had kids so I know the benifits of getting a hand-reared one Thinking we might get a conure this ...

Securing a flat screen tv Lock

DH is desperate to buy a new TV. Understandable ours isn't widescreen, HD or free-view. But how ...

3 replies

I have a good sturdy cabinett we have a large 55 inch flatscreen we have just used cellotape to tape it down worked great in june,de...

Does anyone know how to Lock

I had some mould appear on one of DS onsies when he was little and mum suggested I try vinegar an...

3 replies

Believe it or not but I have had success with removing mould with Milton. You know the sterilising tablets you get at the supermark...

jazool

chalys.. have you seen the comp Lock

I noticed it when I logged in today. Win a cleaner for mothers day. would be BRILLIANT!!!

6 replies

Good for you. I am thinking about getting one as I am now back at work 4 days and have my 3 beautiful kids so would rather not spend...

gypsy kylz

mould story ACA or Today tonight Lock

ive been trying to find a mould story that aired a week or 2 ago on either ACA or today tonight.....

2 replies

righto got it hard surfaces: 1L water:1/4tsp oil of cloves spray on, leave, then wipe of with damp cloth fabrics: 2tsp of 3% p...